Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • XTR Pedal Fail – anyone else?
  • ridethelakes
    Free Member

Got the new xtr pedals 4 months ago and just noticed this today:

I could have clouted them on a rock or something but I never noticed it at the time. Anyone else had the same problem?

Wookster

No got a new set and the set before. Try a warranty claim. I can’t see how you could o that clipped in big crash maybe but I’d try warranty as a failed bit of kit more so than any thing else.

molgrips
    Free Member

No. I had an axle snap when JRA (admittedly on singletrack, but still gently). Every bike shop I went to (I was on holiday) was amazed because they never break and consequently had no spares. When I got home my LBS was amazed too and so were Madison, so they gave me a free replacement 🙂

A route you could try pursuing.

Oh and if it were a crash the thing would be all bent and scratched at the break. If it’s a clean break it’ll be obvious. Plus they should be able to stand being clouted on rocks since it happens all the time – I’ve smacked the bejeesus out of every pair of clipless I’ve had, and that has never happend 🙂

However those pedals look a damn sight more than 4 months old!

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Oh and if it were a crash the thing would be all bent and scratched at the break.

Good point, they look fine apart from the break and I haven’t crashed. 100 quid is a lot of cash so think I’ll try warranty and see how I get on 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘XTR Pedal Fail – anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.