Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • XTR M9120 brake question
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the two new XTR brake levers are interchangeable with the 2pot and 4pot new callipers?

I like the look of the M9120 lever especially the new clamp position and am thinking of buying a set to replace my knackered old M988 levers. But I want to keep the M988 callipers as they are fine and I don’t want 4pot brakes.

The M9100 lever doesn’t have servo wave which I love so has to be the M9120 levers. My only concern is that if these are designed for 4 pot callipers are they going to move too much fluid in a single throw of the lever… But then Hope manage to get away with 1 interchangeable lever for 2pot and 4pot callipers.

Levers on there own are quite affordable (for brand new kit) at £60 a side from Wiggle.

Thoughts?

benpinnick

I don’t know for sure, but I reckon they are as I don’t think they’re moving a saint level of oil. I can however say they are really nice 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

I would guess so, the M8000 and M8020 levers are the same, they probably don’t move as much fluid as Saint levers, but they’re for slightly different applications.

sillyoldman

Got mine with a M9120 front calliper and M988 rear. Lovely.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yes, you can use M9120 levers with 2 pot callipers.

Mark @ Madison

ndthornton
    Free Member

Ah right – so on the rear you have the setup I’m thinking of…M9120 lever with M988 calliper…correct ?

lardman
    Free Member

I’m currently running XTR levers with Saint calipers. Work a treat.

sillyoldman

Ah right – so on the rear you have the setup I’m thinking of…M9120 lever with M988 calliper…correct ?

Yes.

ndthornton
    Free Member

sold
    On order 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘XTR M9120 brake question’ is closed to new replies.