Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • xtr gear cables
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Do the xtr shifters come with the highly recommended xtr inner cables? Know you can buy the cables for about 30 quid but need new shifters too so kill two birds, or will they be generif shimano ones, mate swears by the xtr cables through winter!

BlingBling
    Free Member

Mine did :mrgreen:

old_mtber
    Free Member

Be wary of XTR gear inners – they are covered in a black teflon type material which will last for one ride before it begins to wear off and the residue starts to clog up the outer. Not worth the money, just use the standard XT item or Clarkes cables. Even better splash out on Gore Ride-on’s.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Never had that issue with my XTR cables, haven’t had need to do anything to them since i fitted them in April

Northwind

old_mtber – Member

“Be wary of XTR gear inners – they are covered in a black teflon type material which will last for one ride before it begins to wear off and the residue starts to clog up the outer.”

Mine worked flawlessly from the day they were fitted til the day I had to replace them due to changing bikes, both times. The old cables looked much the same as the new ones when I swapped them, no signs of wear. Really no idea what you’re talking about, I wonder if you do either?

druidh
    Free Member

old_mtber – Member
    Be wary of XTR gear inners – they are covered in a black teflon type material which will last for one ride before it begins to wear off and the residue starts to clog up the outer.

Codswallop

simondbarnes

old_mtber – Member
    Be wary of XTR gear inners – they are covered in a black teflon type material which will last for one ride before it begins to wear off and the residue starts to clog up the outer. Not worth the money, just use the standard XT item or Clarkes cables. Even better splash out on Gore Ride-on’s.

What a load bollocks

Timmo
    Free Member

if you run them open then yeah the coating can come off on the exposed sections (had on my old sets) but running full outers and its perfect!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘xtr gear cables’ is closed to new replies.