Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • XTR Dual Control Conversion
  • Clobber
    Free Member

I have some m975 callipers with matching xtr dual control levers. Can I buy ANY shimano hydro brake levers to use with these callipers?

I want to use the callipers on my single speed and therefore ditch the dual control levers for simple lightweight brake levers.

khani
    Free Member

Not sure about servowave levers,as the pads are supposed to retract further into the caliper and have a longer throw to prevent rub, but any non servowave levers will fit fine

Clobber
    Free Member

Any deals around? I had a quick look expecting the last generation shimano hydro levers to be dirt cheap,, but it seems not to be the case

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mister-P
    Free Member

From memory those levers had a straight hose connector so you can fit any of the older style levers without having to change anything else. Something like this –

If you wanted to fit new style levers like these below then you should change the hoses to SM-BH90 narrow bore hoses.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Servowave is a feature of the lever and any calliper will work with them. I run a set of XT M775 levers with M975 callipers quite happily.

khani
    Free Member

Found these they sell RH ones as well
    The same seller sells newer type ones for £24 as well

Clobber
    Free Member

The levers are bloomin’ expensive though, when Rose bikes are selling the new XT brakes for £63 an end… Is it better value just to buy new brake sets?

Edit: Khani’s link seems cheap enough, are the deore ones any good?

Mister-P
    Free Member

You could buy a set of LX M585 levers for £62 HERE and get a spare set of hoses included.

Clobber
    Free Member

THESE seem good value and Mister P seems to use them without issue. Anything better out there?

Mister-P
    Free Member

That is a silly price, buy them.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Mister p you seem to be a shimano guru (work at madison?) – are other brands of mineral oil ok to use with shimano brakes?

PaulD
    Free Member

Clobber,

Want a straight swap your Dual Control levers for a pair of used but fully functional XTR BL-M975 Brake Levers?

This assumes your DCs are fully functional and not cosmetically trashed.

You can use your existing hoses, just a straight swap-over and top-off with mineral fluid.

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/BL/EV-BL-M975-2612A_v1_m56577569830728273.pdf

paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

Clobber
    Free Member

PaulD, I would’ve done if I hadn’t just bought the XT ones in the link above…

PaulD
    Free Member

Clobber,

Thanks for that…and I do mean it.

I hope you make lots on ebay or here.

Your DCs have the much more common and useful straight connector, so anyone with Deore upwards stands a good chance of them being correct.

PaulD

Clobber
    Free Member

Didn’t think about selling them, you never know I might change my mind back to gears…

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I will buy them if they are for sale?

Email in profile if interested…

adam1330
    Free Member

If Boris doesn’t want them, and you are still selling, then I might be interested in them as well.

Clobber
    Free Member

Thanks guys but I am going to hold onto them for now.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘XTR Dual Control Conversion’ is closed to new replies.