Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • XTR Di2 Release Date?
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

anyone know when this will start arriving?

ratherbeintobago

Was meant to be any time now. I wonder if the XTR FGF special is anything to do with it?

dnchevy
    Free Member

Expecting mine end off Nov but cranks not till new year

dirtyrider
    Free Member

not seen anything regarding the SM-BTC1 (bottle cage battery mount) pricing either

xanboy
    Free Member

The SMBTC1 retails for £49.99 and then you have to buy the SMBTR2 £99.99 as well.

edward2000
    Free Member

Am I mistaken? £400 quid for a rear mech? I’d be scared of getting it oily, let alone dirty.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Are the cranks really next year?

Building up a bike at the mo and going mechanical XTR 11 speed. Cranks were supposedly ready yesterday but see they’ve been put back to December on crc

mashiehood
    Free Member

I have the cassette and shifter, just waiting for a medium cage rear mech. Can’t wait for a touch more range than my 1×10

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I’m going 2×11. Will I need a long cage or medium?

mashiehood
    Free Member

Should be ok with medium, I think you only need long if going triple – however do check and double check as I don’t have a lot of knowledge of new xtr

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d have thought you would have had enough of due dates by now, OP.

😉

sillyoldman

There are 28 different chainset options between single, double and triple options all in various lengths – all of which are offered in both Race (lighter and narrower Q factor) or Trail.

Some are due in the next week or so to Madison, others farther away.

Rode my mechanical 1×11 XTR (with old 960 XTR cranks) for the first time today in some proper gloop (might as well start as I mean to go on….) – really lovely action, and unsurprisingly way better shifting than the XT/XTR 10 Spd with One-Up expander cog and RAD Cage.

mashiehood
    Free Member

That’s good to know sillyoldman – have you got medium cage rear, if so where did you buy it from?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I’d have thought you would have had enough of due dates by now, OP.

haha 😆

dirtyrider
    Free Member

shifter

a di2 xtr one?

where did that appear from?

cassettes are all over, thats not an issue, not fussed on cranks, running XX1 with X9 Stages anyway, absolute oval direct mount chainring due next week to

sillyoldman

Mashiehood – aye, got a medium cage. Got it from Madison – they came in this week along with long cage mechanical mechs. Any shop with them on order should have them now. They’re still in stock with Madison now – just checked.
    Cheers.

njee20
    Free Member

Just checked the Madison trade website DR – 20th November for Di2 shifters, rear mechs and junction box, 24th for the bottle mount battery.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cheers

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i see shifters are in stock at CRC – no mechs yet

manual is out as well,

njee20
    Free Member

Rear mechs and bottle cage battery mount (£50) both in stock at Madison now. ‘System information’ box due 6th Jan.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

this? in stock, but not needed i don’t think, could use the D-Fly thing, and a Garmin to display the same,

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-xtr-di2-m9050-system-display/rp-prod119806

battery case in stock at Evans,

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shimano/sm-btc1-external-battery-case-for-sm-btr2-ec070533

Evans says rear mechs in stock at remote warehouse, but not shipping until 7/1/15

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shimano/xtr-m9050-di2-11-speed-rear-derailleur-ec070544

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the thing, as you say, not essential.

Evans will procure through Madison so no reason not to ship mechs, go elsewhere?

My LBS will order you one and send it I’m sure, phone Jackie tomorrow if you want – 01483 267676.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I had a play with the Di2 XTR on a Shimano demo bike at the Milton Keynes CX World Cup. It was lovely!

If the rear mech was cheaper, closer to the £250 mark I’d be seriously tempted to get it to pair up with the XX1 cassette that I’m running at the moment.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for it and maybe do a bit of extra overtime the next month or two just in case 😆

dirtyrider
    Free Member

shifter feels weird, not sure why they have made it feel like an actual cable actuated shifter

njee20
    Free Member

Ooo, exciting! Shame about the shifter ergonomics, they sort of did the same with the road ones. Could’ve done anything, but they tried to mimic the feel of the mechanical units 😕

dirtyrider
    Free Member

still, looks better than the one i had in 2011 😆

Retrodirect
    Free Member

more photos dirtyrider?

brant
    Free Member

You’ve come a long way Dan 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Shifters the only bit to turn up yet retrodirect, got the junction boxes battery and stuff but that’s all just the same as the road gear, battery holder is down for dispatch tomorrow, mech will have to wait until payday probably

dirtyrider
    Free Member

SM-BTC1 turned up today, there doesn’t seem to be many pics of the actual item about, so heres some

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’m jealous, is it ok to hurl abuse at you as a coping mechanism? When you fitting it all?

ratherbeintobago

My LBS has XTR Di2 on a demo bike. It is indeed a thing of wonder and beauty.

chestrockwell

After reading the sales blurb I really like the idea of one shifter but with a full range of gears. Shame about the cost though.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘XTR Di2 Release Date?’ is closed to new replies.