Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • XTR and XX1 – Which Mech?
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m looking at going back to trigger shifters from Gripshift on my Epic and I like the idea of the XTR shifters.

If I run it with the XX1 cassette and XRT mech/shifter, what length rear mech do I need to work with the 10-42t XX1 cassette?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

medium

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Thanks for that 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickdavies

trigger shifters

Implies a 2x or 3x front?

1x will be fine with medium as 37t capacity but if you are double or triple you probably need long as there’s only 5t spare capacity for the gap between front rings.

njee20
    Free Member

^^ sounds about right, but it’d be a right bodge to get and XX1 cassette with a multi-ring set up, so I suspect it’s just being used in the plural for convenience(?)

I’ve got medium on my identical (single ring) set up, as per DR.

nickdavies

but it’d be a right bodge to get and XX1 cassette

Sorry OP to derail, but is there a practical reason why it would be any more of a bodge (apart from crosschaining at the limit) than any other mix of drivetrain? Less capacity required than a triple and 11-36.

I was thinking of doing that myself for big days in the alps where dropping a double spider and front shifter and mech onto the bike could give the extra range to go up and down.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

^^ sounds about right, but it’d be a right bodge to get and XX1 cassette with a multi-ring set up, so I suspect it’s just being used in the plural for convenience(?)

This.

I’m sticking with 1x as I really don’t like the idea of going back to front mech’s!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘XTR and XX1 – Which Mech?’ is closed to new replies.