Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • XTC advanced HT
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Next bike probably an attempt to find a one bike fits all – but there are some reasonable deals on XTC advanced HT which is making me think about XC HT and a FS trails bike. Anyone ride them as opposed to the XTC composite? I love anthems and trances but have never ridden an XTC.

tenfoot

Instead of a one bike fits all, I have a Zesty and an XTC advanced 3.

The XTC is a great bike. I think the 3 comes in at around 24 lbs, and is light enough for what I need. It wants to be ridden fast, feels very solid but also doesn’t shake me to bits.

This is the first hardtail I’ve had since my 93 rigid bear valley. I wasn’t sure how I’d get on with a hardtail, but for the majority of my riding, it’s become my go-to bike.

What deals are there around, or are you talking about the 29er?

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I bought an Anthem X29 a couple of years ago and use that as my main trails bike.
    Last year bought an XTC 29 hardtail and am surprised how capable it is.
    Used to riding fs bikes and didn’t think I would go back to a hardtail.
    Use it for 1 hour races in the summer and night time rides.
    Had it fully rigid in the winter and just gone back to front suspension.
    Find it quite comfortable for a hardtail and a perfect replacement for my xc fs 26 inch bike.
    Mine is a lowly alloy model but is still lighter than my mates XTC composite 29er so I am happy!
    Thanx,
    Max

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes some good offers on 29 advanced and I like the 2013 colours too!!!

Was pretty sure on a camber evo for next bike but annoyed that I also tested an epic at the same time and several guys in fast XC HTS. Made me realise that going uphill fast is still a priority for me! So tempted by sneaky second bike if the offers are good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘XTC advanced HT’ is closed to new replies.