Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • XT, SLX, Deore rear 12 speed derailleur… where?
  • jeb

Hello

Looking for a shimano derailleur, 1 x 12, 12 speed
    Will run it on a DT microspline wheelset.

Thanks !

akira

Um Merlin have xt and slx in stock, literally first google result.

joebristol

Google would help here surely?

Quick Google shows Merlin having XT / SLX in stock. Sports Direct seem to have XT 12 speed in stock too. Leisure Lakes also have SLX in stock. Buy while you see it as it’ll be gone before long no doubt…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thepurist

FWIW when I built MrsP’s 1×12 bike I got the wrong mech but she wanted to give it a go so I tried fitting an old SLX 11sp mech in the hope that she’d get some shifting even if it wasn’t perfect. It worked fine, even in the biggest sprocket – so much so that I wasn’t in that much of a rush to replace it when the correct 12sp mech arrived.

jeb

Thanks!

-only thing is i am located in Denmark …. hope i don’t get hit with tax !!!
    Please let me know if you see it somewhere in EU

joebristol

In which case try European sellers. The likes of Starbike / Acycles / Mantel / Bike 24 / bike-discount.de / bike components.de etc

b33k34

The Deore mech only seems to come in SGS (long cage) rather than GS medium cage. SGS versions of XT and SLX are more often in stock and even discounted.

Any issues with using the Deore? I’m guessing a longer cage is just more likely to get caught on stuff?

joebristol

What cassette are you planning to run – and are you thinking 1x or 2x?

chrishc777
    Free Member

As thepurist says, 11 and 12 are kinda compatible. I’m running a 12spd mech on an 11spd cassette

jeb

will go 1 x 12m, and 10-51 cassette

Rickos
    Free Member

I have a 12 speed Deore 6100 mech for sale. It was fitted but never taken on a ride.

LAT

i believe shimano only do sgs xt and slx mechs. for the 10-51 cassette you need rd m8100 sgs (m8120 sgs is 2x)

wzzzz
    Free Member

aliexpress

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘XT, SLX, Deore rear 12 speed derailleur… where?’ is closed to new replies.