Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • XT M780 gear levers. No blanking plates, help!
  • PolisherMan

Lots of shiny new XT stuff arrived today from CRC. Hooray!

The last thing to put on was the gear pods.

“just unscrew the indicators…hmmm, yes ok. Now put the blanking plate on….you must be joking? Where is it?”

What’s the score? Must be purchased seperately. Where from?

Good job I’m not going up to do 10 under the Ben this weekend. Hold on I am…. 🙁

matther01
    Free Member

When I got the new m675 SLX versions which didn’t come with the plates, I wrote to Madison and got a set free. Might be just a few quid but the old m666 came with them so why shouldn’t the new ones…which were more expensive?! I was well pissed off.

Kryton57

Yup. £5 from bike discount.de

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Yup – I was miffed too when I fitted mine and found I had to buy them separately!

I got mine from Petra cycles – think I paid something like £4 each.

thorlz
    Free Member

I am pretty sure I may have some. I shall have a look when I get back in from work (on nights).
    Email me your name /address and I shall stick them in the post to you in the morning.
    I believe I bought some for the same reason, but then found my shifter had them under the pods. They’ve just been sitting the the gararge gathering dust for months, may as well see them get used.

Email bthorlz75@gmail.com

PolisherMan

Cheers thorlz, but yours are a different model. The 780’s require a 3d shaped cowl, rather than the usual flat disc.

thorlz
    Free Member

Mine are shimano XT m780 from merlin cycles

http://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-xt-m780-10-speed-gear-levers-pair-55055.html

I believe the blanks I have at home are shimano parts
    Y6UU98090 and Y6UV98080, memory says they are not flat.

The offer is there if you want them anyway

oldnick

SJSCycles have them.

Whilst waiting I put black gaffer tape on top of the shifter, trimmed it neatly et voila. Left it on when the cover came as dirt gets into the shifter otherwise.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good job I’m not going up to do 10 under the Ben this weekend. Hold on I am…

Square of gaffa tape then, held out on mine for about 4 years till I binned them.

JoeG
    Free Member

OP – were your shifters retail (nice store type packaging) or OEM ones?

I feel your pain, as the ones I bought for my Fatty didn’t have covers, either. And I couldn’t find them for sale anywhere here in the US. So I eventually ordered a set from SJS…

PolisherMan

Thanks for the offer again thorlz. I went into panic mode and got some from petra, with huge 24hr postage charge.

PolisherMan

Usual cheap but in a bag stuff from CRC….

robdob
    Free Member

I emailed CRC and said there wasn’t any and them sent me some FOC.

robdob
    Free Member

My shifters from CRC came in the proper box.

ferrit
    Free Member

Some newer Shimano ones have the blanking plates on the back of the shifter window that gets removed – check! I got fooled by this…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘XT M780 gear levers. No blanking plates, help!’ is closed to new replies.