Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • XT Jockey Wheel question
  • enfht
    Free Member

Ever since I replaced my XT jockey wheels the guide pulley wheel has been too stiff. If it's not been over-tightened how can I make it spin more freely?

Cheers

z1ppy

take it off and grease the bearing/bushing? Just be careful if it's a bearing but both should come to pieces easily enough.
    (can't remember which has the bearing and which has the bushing)

enfht
    Free Member

And what if it's still stiff after you've cleaned and greased?

I can't actually remember which one has the ceramic bearing but I left that one untouched – should I have greased that one too? Surely if it's ceramic you leave it bare?

jond
    Free Member

>Surely if it's ceramic you leave it bare?

Nope – I tried that once on the first mech I overhauled – more squeaks than mouse p0rn.

The ceramic one should be at the top, and should have some side-to-side float on a Shimano mech.

The lower one on some mechs is a sealed bearing, which you can't do a fat lot with other than wipe clean – don't hose it with wd40 either,'cos that'll wash out any grease.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I remember that the M952 XTR rear mechs came with assymetrical lower jockey wheels (i.e. they only fit one way properly), not sure if XT are the same. I've got 2 M770 XT rear mechs at home and i cant for the life of me remember.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘XT Jockey Wheel question’ is closed to new replies.