Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • XT brakes from Rose Bikes
  • steviepcommencal
    Free Member

Just bought a set of these from Rose and I know that I have to change over the cables as they will be set up the opposite way round to UK bikes

What I wondered was, do they come with a bleed kit? looking at the instructions there seems to be a funnel that screws into the lever and you need a syringe

Anyone else bought from Rose?

infidel
    Free Member

I have. No bleed kit – but you don’t need to bleed them if you are careful with swapping the hoses round – see:

forum thread

chakaping
    Free Member

No, I bought the funnel from CRC and used a baby syringe and bit of plastic tubing someone gave me.

EDIT: infidel is right, bleeding was not required when swapping hoses round.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    I_Ache
    Free Member

I received some deores the other day, this was my first experience with shimano brakes. I shortened the hose and swapped the leavers without the need for a bleed kit and even tho I lost some fluid in the left hand leaver they are working fine.

They came with new olives and the little pin things for this purpose.

I might get a bleed kit in a few weeks or so and just bleed them and see if they feel any different.

dickie
    Free Member

Pump out the pistons prior to swopping the hoses, then after swopping them over, & cutting if needed, push the pistons back in thus pushing any air in the hose end into the reservoir.

pete68
    Free Member

I seem to remember another thread about this…

widge34
    Free Member

My XTs went on Wednesday, hoses swapped and cut, no bleeding. Went out on an 18 miler today, what fantastic brakes. I thought my Oros were good but the XTs are far superior.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘XT brakes from Rose Bikes’ is closed to new replies.