Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XT Boost Cranks Question
  • mcnultycop

I’ve got 175mm M8000 single ring boost cranks on my hardtail, I want to go down to 165mm but can’t seem to find 165mm Boost XT cranks. Whilst I’m not sure the chainline would be a massive issue on non-boost cranks, I wouldn’t want the chain any closer to the 2.8” tyres.

I’m assuming because you can get boost and non-boost XT cranks that the boostiness is inherent in the cranks and not the chainring. I can’t locate 165mm XT, do I have any options with XT or do I need to look at other brands?

Cheers

scotroutes

the boostiness is inherent in the cranks and not the chainring

correct

I can’t locate 165mm XT

They’re not available in Boost.

mcnultycop

That’s why I can’t find them then, cheers Scotroutes. I guess I’ll look at other brands.

scotroutes

The OP was looking for M8000.

honourablegeorge

Ah, right.. I thought 8120 was the boost version of 8000, but jts 8100.

Still, he’s probably needing a new chainring if he goes for a different brand, so may as well go for those

sillyoldman

I’d just get non-Boost M8000s if you have 3mm+ of chainring/chainstay clearance as the chainline is better. Also other brands Boost options are closer to M8000 non-Boost chainlines anyway.

greeny30
    Free Member

I’m running a 165mm XT M8000 with Burgtec chainring which gives me a 52mm chainline, almost boost because the burgtec doesnt have the raised offsets around the bolt holes, someone from here gave me that tip, theres cheap rings on Ebay too for M8000 without the raised bits.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XT Boost Cranks Question’ is closed to new replies.