Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • xt 08 freehub body – a) rubbish? b)in stock where?
  • robob
    Free Member

looking to replace my freehub body (it's got sticky)

its a 775 but 770 will do.

cant find them in stock anywhere… do i buy a hub? or have i missed the bleedin' obvious?

has anyone else experienced an earlier than expected failiure?

enfht
    Free Member

Mine failed, luckily less than a mile from home after a long ride in the middle of nowhere!

Apparantly it's known issue with the CentreLock M775 version and mine (M765) was a "one off". Lucky me!

Replaced under warranty 😐

james-o
    Free Member

any shop with a shimano account can order the part post free, they just need to make the call

cp

they're expensive though, and you may find it cheaper to get a complete hub online and quicker than through a bike shop.

you then get a spare axle and new bearings too 🙂

sam_underhill

CP – That's exactly what I did. Much, much better value than just buying a new freehub by itself.

robob
    Free Member

rear hub £50!

so it's best to pay £50 every time i need to replace the freehub which is known to be problematic??

chuffing spiders… think i might try and pick up a complete rr wheel using a different rear hub…

simondbarnes

rear hub £50!

That's £6.99 less than a freehub body 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

And don't forget that the whole hub also includes a skewer that's quite desirable on the S/H market.

Northwind

How old is it? Might be worth a warranty claim.

(FWIW mine has been flawless)

Spud

Get a set of Hope! 😉

khani
    Free Member

deore ones fit but you have to change the axle over as well, seen deore hubs for less than £20 new so much cheaper

Mister-P
    Free Member

Deore don't fit on M775 as far as I know. The fixing bolt on an M775 is a lot bigger, the Deore one won't bolt on.

Conor
    Free Member

My mate has gone through three of those XT hubs and I've done one. I'd jump to Hope without thinking twice. Or get a proper pre 2008 XT hub. The new design is pants.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

FH-M770 complete Freehub body with fixing bolt isn't even available to order from Madison.

I'd bite the bullet, go with the majority and get yourself a new hub!

Take a look at our site or give us a call if you need information on availability!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Do you mean they don't have any at present or they don't sell it?

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

3CZ 9804 – Should be in stock with Madison on the 18th December

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

The 3CZ 9804 is the FH-M770 complete Freehub body with fixing bolt just to clarify.

mboy
    Free Member

How do they generally tend to fail?

I ask cos I must've done 500 or so miles on one now, and its been nothing but faultless so far… Touching wood of course, cos obviously I don't want to tempt fate and it fail on me next ride!

alexonabike

Are the 756's better than the newer 775's then?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘xt 08 freehub body – a) rubbish? b)in stock where?’ is closed to new replies.