Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • xs gravel bike/frame options?
  • Ogg

My Daughter is after a new bike as she’s grown out of her Frog bike – it’s got be ok for gravelly cycle trails, commute to school and some junior triathlons, she tried out a 47cm Whyte Devon which she loved but its about £500 more than I’d like to spend…

Any obvious options? happy to build up from a frame as we’ve a reasonable parts bin at home

daern
    Free Member

You didn’t mention what age / height, but my 9yo son (and a lot of others that he races against) ride Scatto frames, which have superb geometry for kids race bikes:

Short wheelbase, low standover but 700c wheels (very important for CX!) with loads of clearance for mud. Carbon fork and nice and light. Really flexible bike – one day it’ll be thick with mud, the next racing on the track, the week after doing full day touring rides with his dad.

I picked this one up on eBay, but kidsracing and Paul Milnes in Bradford also sell them.

Ogg

Thanks @Daern she’s a bit taller/older than that (but handy info for my sons next bike!)

I think she’s about 152cm/5ft so at the small women’s rather than tall children’s sizing? the Whyte was a 47cm frame

haystack
    Free Member

You can get the Gensis Croix De Fer in XS.

Not sure what the seat tube measurement is though.

My other half bought hers for about £600. It looks great in the green/black/gold colours.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘xs gravel bike/frame options?’ is closed to new replies.