Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Xperia users
  • Premier Icon Kunstler
    Free Member

I’ve somehow activated screen lock to swipe on my Z3 compact and in security and there is no longer the option of ‘none’ in screen lock settings. A bit of googling has come up with suggestions of ‘clear credentials’ but this is greyed out. Anyone have any ideas?

The irony is if course that I’ve accidentally activated this from pocket. I still need to turn it off though

Dammit. Wrong forum. Mods, if you please…

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

Mine was as you found online. Clearing credentials brought back the option for none in lock settings. Doesn’t help much, sorry.

Premier Icon Kunstler
    Free Member

It’s such a small issue but it’s bugging me. I wonder how much hassle a restore to default will cause me.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

http://androidforums.com/threads/disabled-by-administrator-encryption-policy-or-credential-storage.783405/

Setting >> general>> security>>device administrators>> remove any check marks

?

Premier Icon jedi
    Free Member

why would you want no screen lock?

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

Its handy when you are GPS navigating. Pull the phone out and check the map with minimal fuss, especially when wearing gloves.

Premier Icon medoramas
    Free Member

A bit of advice: use the mini-app “Touch Block” that comes pre-installed on Xperia, when you put your phone into the pocket. It won’t unlock itself again!

Premier Icon puddings
    Free Member

I am running Android 5.1.1 and the none option is selectable. Not sure if it has an impact but I have passwords set to visible, glove mode turned off and pretty much all other settings set to default

Premier Icon Kunstler
    Free Member

Yep, tried that puddings. I’m also on 5.1.1. I guess I could wait for the next update or maybe try a roll back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Xperia users’ is closed to new replies.