Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Xmas present for the Wicca who has everything?
  • mildred

Ok, my sister & hubby are Wicca’s – I know bog all about it (& not that interested to be fair), & I’m trying to find them a Xmas Present. Does anyone have any recommendations?

epicyclo

A fresh virgin?

theotherjonv

get them a basket and then act like you don’t get it when they ask if it’s a joke.

mildred

Yes we had an Alan Whicker biography in the amazon basket until we realised it may inflame some kind of (non) religious incident. I’m wondering whether they’ll get the irony of Xmas presents.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Go to Glastonbury and walk up the high street. You will find crystals, potions, endless wooden dust collectors, books about stupidly spelled faeries, purple robes and myriad other flowery nonsense.

Awful place but should be right up your mad siblings street.

WTF’s a Wicca?

Oddballs judging by the above posts.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Subscription to ‘Which’ magazine?

slimraybob
    Free Member

Are you trying to avoid the swear filter?

sc-xc

WTF’s a Wicca?

Oddballs judging by the above posts.

LOL. I thought that as well 🙂

mildred

Oddballs – oh yes, but she’s my sister so I’ve got to get something.

tazzymtb

it’s pseudo pagan “oooo I want to be a romantacised druid ,
    ooo aren’t I different”** load of bunkum.

They’re just as dogmatic as all the other religious nut jobs they purport to be different from.

If they are Wiccan what the blinkinflip are they doing expectin Christmas pressies?

** bit like riding a single speed or 29er but with less beard!

Rich
    Free Member

Well Pagan’s celebrate Yule, so if they are pagan that could be why they give/receive presents.

Most of the christmas traditions are pagan anyway.

Just get them something totally unrelated to their wiccan beliefs.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Yeah, Christ’s birthday was shifted from Spring to December 25th midway through the Fourth Century. It was transplanted onto a long series of Winter festivities: the Solstice, Saturnalia and the Roman New Year. Writing about the ritual of Sol Invictus (‘The Undefeated Sun’), Syrus (retrospectively, in the 12th Century) wrote,

“It was a custom of the pagans to celebrate on the same 25 December the birthday of the Sun, at which they kindled lights in token of festivity. In these solemnities and revelries the Christians also took part. Accordingly when the doctors of the Church perceived that the Christians had a leaning to this festival, they took counsel and resolved that the true Nativity should be solemnized on that day.”

In the Julian calendar the solstice would have fallen on, roughly, December 25th.

So, it’s really anyone but Sun-worshipping heathens who can forget the pressies and feasting 🙂

There’s a good argument that Wicca was an invented amalgamation of esoteric magic systems (particularly Aleister Crowley’s thelemic magick), freemason initiation ceremonies and structures and folk magic. Gerald Gardner was pretty key here but others lay claim to it (most noticeably Bill Liddell).

Get them a nice bottle of whisky and turn up round theirs skyclad as a mark of respect 🙂

Kunstler

Xmas present for the Wicca who has everything?

Is this a double oxymoron?

iDave
    Free Member

they may well be wicca but that can’t negate the need for socks and quality street?

donks
    Free Member

A clannad CD and a copy of the Wicker man should go down well.

simonralli2
    Free Member

An extremely well bound, maybe handmade notebook with plain paper would be well received, as Wiccans often do a lot of writing up of their experiences.

This is one of the best on-line places for all your Wiccan and occult Christmas presents:

http://www.sorcerers-apprentice.co.uk/xmasgift.htm

maccruiskeen

If she was a model train enthusiast the chances are you wouldn’t buy her a model train as she’d have all the model trains she wants, cos shes an enthusiast. If she’s a wicca fan she’ll have all the wicca trinkets shes needs. Just buy her a present

scruff
    Free Member

Broom sticks like the ones in the museum at Boscastle- you know those *fertility* broomsticks dipped in flying reindeer juice. Brilliant.

thepurist

How about a magic wand remote control 😀

U31
    Free Member

A punch in the face for being to***rs?
    i know that’s what i’d give anyone in my family who’d decided on this pretentious claptrap.

Meanwhile, over on WiccanTrackWorld…

Ok, my brother is a mountain biker – I know bog all about it (& not that interested to be fair), & I’m trying to find him a Xmas Present. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Stick with socks and chocolate.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Xmas present for the Wicca who has everything?’ is closed to new replies.