Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • XC Racers – feast or famine?
  • Kryton57

Not sure whether to be stringent with my weight and Training like a true (coughs) athlete, or pig out on Turkey and After Eights for the next few days.

So, I thought I’d check out what the competition is up to…?

mikeep
    Free Member

I compete but also have a life.

Enjoy xmas FFS!

alwillis

I will mostly be eating inappropriate amounts of every Xmas related food, and balancing it out with much more riding than usual. However I don’t drink much at all so that helps stop me piling on the pounds.

About to head out for 3 hours before lunch…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Before you post asking. After using zee bog wipe.

mattjg
    Free Member

I’m not your competition, but I say wallow in the spirit of the season. And I reckon a bit of oscillation is natural anyway, you’ll soon drag it back.

Kryton57

It was a semi serious post 🙂

I think I’ll bang out some intervals on the Turbo later and call it until the weekend!

DT78
    Free Member

Having a month off to rest my knee and made an agreement not to put on more than half a stone….I’m at 8lb already…

trail_rat
    Free Member

I was going to take a bike to my parents but since the mrs has left me with the jeep which isntiny insideill jst take my runners and head to the woods tomorrow morning. Ive not reached that age yet where it all goes to my hips

Only going to be there tomorrow anyway. Back to the diy on boxing day….. At least my neighbour shouldnt hate me this year- no hilti gun knocking shit out the walls 🙂

schmiken

I’m gonna enjoy tyher next few days, not stick 100% to the training plan but get out and ride, and run to keep myself in shape.

oldgit
    Free Member

Feast, no booze since the beginning of September. Popping the first bottle after today’s ride.
    After Christmas day I’ll be sick of excess anyway. So a good couple of days of filling my face.

aracer
    Free Member

When I was racing seriously I always assumed my competition was actually training on Xmas day, and always tried to bear that in mind. It does of course depend just how serious you are.

andrewh
    Free Member

Got a few days off work over Christmas, aiming for 500 (road) miles this week, so I feel entirely justified in gorging myself silly on chocolates and christmss pud

richmtbguru
    Free Member

I always treat every day like a training day be it Christmas or not, you snooze you lose….get my drift..something I was taught in the paras was to cut all ties with what’s going on in society and focus on ‘ the job’ one day of binging and drinking can put you back a few week mentally and physically. This is the time of year to take advantage while the rest of the competition might be slacking off you can be taking the lead, if your as serious as I was 10 year ago while winning most of the races then you must not follow society’s regime and stick with your own, good luck and keep focused.

tpbiker
    Free Member

^

Not sure if serious?

iainc

hmmm, not a racer, but as an old guy quite studious about weight and fitness. Been off the bike since Sat 7th due a big crash, so fitness dissapearing, however due face injuries and eating awkwardness still 5 lbs down on precrash weight…. I am hoping to get back out on cx bike Boxing Day and build it up slowly and hoping that weight still stays lowish… The inability to chew much more than a potato will help 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

You’ve not had the experience of rich’s wisdom before then, tpbiker?

gee
    Free Member

I eat a huge amount anyway; Christmas makes little difference.

I do try to be sensible and not eat/drink excessively.

GB

Kryton57

Well, just completed an hour of Turbo intervals, and am currently having a chocolate Milk, with a cheese & piccalilli sandwich.

Two days of enjoying Christmas with my kids now follows, back on plan Friday.

Happy Christmas!

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I’d rather come second last and have enjoyed my life.

mattjg
    Free Member

‘podiumed due to mince pie denial’ seems an odd goal. horses for courses of course.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’d rather come second last and have enjoyed my life.

Said no Olympic champion, ever.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think if you’ve been riding and competing all year this is the only time you can eat what you like, when you like, without feeling under any pressure to watch both weight and output.

Relax, you’ve earned it.

andypaul99
    Free Member

Dont racers have down time anymore? when i was coached i was told most of them have Nov and Dec off, to start base again in Jan?

Is racing all year really good for long term health? Just interested to know some all year racers opinions 🙂

IanW
    Free Member

I have July to June as down time.

Kryton57

July and August for me, slightly dictated by school hols, I’m riding Xc and road winter series until February/march, 2 sportives in April, aber cycle fest in May, then the bonty 24/12 solo in July. Next race is on jan 11 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

(Ok no races this year) but FEAST!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I wil make **** all difference.

Sorry.

Edric64
    Free Member

Having spent two months dieting and dropping 2 stone to get below 14 for the first time in about 15 years I am not going to ruin it by pigging out tomorrow.I am starving myself today just in case it all goes wrong as I am at the outlaws tomorrow

c_klein87

I eat lots anyway, little and often, so xmas suits that. I Just avoid all the processed sh@t from Iceland. That and festive500 helps with any excess

JCL
    Free Member

If you’re racing right now you’ll only up against 10% of the fast guys so maybe not worth taking it so seriously?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’ve missed Richmtbguru, he’s the man.

adsh
    Free Member

Feast and Rapha Festive 500 = Win

psling
    Free Member

Feast but not to excess. Will kick-start your metabolism which will stay higher than usual as you get back to usual diet again for a while. This will lead to an overall reduction in weight by your next race. Win win, what’s not to like 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

So it’s settled. Kryton57 is the new Molgrips.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Dont racers have down time anymore?

Yes, but usually depends when your season starts / ends. I’m in the build period now so will be training like its just another day, but I like training and it wouldn’t be Xmas without getting out on the bike! I’d be out riding even if I wasn’t racing. 🙂

Lol @ Jamie

Kryton57

Jamie – Member
    So it’s settled. Kryton57 is the new Molgrips

We’ll his diet suits me. I’m waiting for him to comment on pslings advice, as it sounds perfect….. 🙂

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘XC Racers – feast or famine?’ is closed to new replies.