Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • XC Length stems for OneUp carbon handlebars…
  • househusband

Have a big birthday coming up in a couple of weeks and we’re always crap at buying presents for each other, so just ask for specific things for our hobbies. I’ve had OneUp carbon handlebars on my radar for a while as they seem to the most highly reviewed for vibration damping in particular – but they’re 35mm diameter.

They’ll be for a cross-country bike and I’m struggling to find any stems for 35mm diameter sale in the UK that come in 90mm length.

Any suggestions?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Raceface Aeffect on Tredz for £30 after voucher

tomhoward

I had a Pivot OEM one on a bike, 90mm for 35mm bars, not sure if they are available aftermarket though.

BearBack
    Free Member

dont forget you might want to reduce your stem length if you’re taking the opportunity to add bar width.

mashr

The only reason those OneUps exist is because of the 35mm standard and the overly harsh front ends that have resulted. So you’d be upgrading* to 35mm just to try and feel more like 31.8mm again

*not an upgrade

munrobiker
    Free Member

I run one of these posh Deda stems on my gravel bike-

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-trentacinque-35-stem?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=100625941&kpid=100625941&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Shopping+-+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mckv|szW2seoXw_dc|mcrid|295292317327|mkw||mmt||mrd|100625941uk|mslid||&mkwid=szW2seoXw_dc&pcrid=295292317327&prd=100625941uk&pgrid=58852352866&ptaid=pla-576316352127&gclid=CjwKCAjw2Jb7BRBHEiwAXTR4jTIImgmsNUrJTGxdyt2KMx0GoL8inPeSFFW-SAECyW-Slc99680hhRoCiUcQAvD_BwE

This is a good cheap option-

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/STSEOMKN/selcof-omikron-aluminium-stem

DezB
    Free Member

Funny that, my bike with 31.8 bars feels much harsher than my one with 35mm ones. I reckon it’s the forks and the bar diameter makes no difference.

DezB
    Free Member

But anyway, a 90mm stem wouldn’t be right with 800mm bars. Unwieldy, is the word that comes to mind.

househusband

But anyway, a 90mm stem wouldn’t be right with 800mm bars. Unwieldy, is the word that comes to mind.

@DezB
    Bars that came with it were 690, changed them to Renthal Fatbar Lite’s which are 760 and they’re fine for me.

@rockthreegozy
    Thanks for that, nice find!

The only reason those OneUps exist is because of the 35mm standard and the overly harsh front ends that have resulted. So you’d be upgrading* to 35mm just to try and feel more like 31.8mm again

*not an upgrade

@mashr
    I’m not into the mountain biking scene as I once was and I’d looked at the OneUp bars as in previous discussion on here they’ve been mentioned as being better at vibration damping, but you’ve got me thinking now… may look for reviews on Spank Vibrocore bars before forking out on the OneUp bars and new stem.

mashr

Vibrocore sound like the better option to me. I’ve got a 35mm setup at the moment, will likely swap out for 31.8mm before long

househusband

Vibrocore sound like the better option to me. I’ve got a 35mm setup at the moment, will likely swap out for 31.8mm before long

@mashr
    Yup, just bought some Oozy Trail 780 Vibrocore’s on eBay; £60 delivered so half the price of the OneUp bars and no need for a new stem.

bars

DezB
    Free Member

Bars that came with it were 690, changed them to Renthal Fatbar Lite’s which are 760 and they’re fine for me

Eh? 760mm… hate to state the obvious, but 760 isn’t the same as 800 😂

househusband

Eh? 760mm… hate to state the obvious, but 760 isn’t the same as 800 😂

Eh? Hate to state the obvious but the ones I’ve ended up ordering are 780 and bars, irrespective of original length can always be cut down… 😂

BearBack
    Free Member

Cut..shorter than 780?… All the cool kids will point and snigger if you do 😉

househusband

Cut..shorter than 780?… All the cool kids will point and snigger if you do 😉

@BearBack
    The cool kids normally point and snigger anyway – I’m a bloody teacher! 😅

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘XC Length stems for OneUp carbon handlebars…’ is closed to new replies.