Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Xboxone or PS4
  • geologist
    Free Member

Hi,Im 40 next month and starting my regression into youth. Ive not had a games console since the N64 and am abit out of touch with whats what. Im looking to get a new console as a 40th to my self.

Any advice? cheers.

Drac

1) What do you friends have?

2) PS4

geologist
    Free Member

Cheers, think im going towards the PS4 as there seems to be more games for youngsters at the mo (my son is 6).

None of my friends have either, a couple have PC’s that they play games on.

somouk
    Free Member

PS4 is excellent.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack this a bit but I’d be interested to know if the PS4 has all the same abilities that the PS3 did in terms of watching Netflix, Iplayer etc?

I’d say my PS3 is used for this type of thing 90% of the time so I’d hate to ‘upgrade’ and find that these features weren’t there or weren’t as good.

olddog

Have you considered a PS3 or xbox 360. Can get a good second hand console cheap and huge selection of top games for next to nothing second hand too.

For the record, I have an xboxone, but only because me and mates have 360s and so are tied into xbox. I upgraded early becuase I’m a nerd, but tbh, I could have quite happily carried on with 360 for a while yet.

A free choice of latest consoles would have been PS4, but all the reviews don’t put that much between them now. Xboxone sacrifices some game playing ability for home entertainment hub – alhough I think the PS4 does most of that as well.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Gunz
    Free Member

I’ve got the XBox One and couldn’t be happier but that could also be because Sony won’t have Halo and that’s my drug.
    If you haven’t had a console since the N64 I’d love to see your face when you flash up your new purchase. Have fun.

somouk
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack this a bit but I’d be interested to know if the PS4 has all the same abilities that the PS3 did in terms of watching Netflix, Iplayer etc?

All of the online services have supported it and I think Sky Go are also trialling a possible client for the PS3/4.

It doesn’t yet have the DLNA option though so you can’t play content from a local NAS drive. This is rumored to be coming though.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

PS4 doesn’t support 3D though the PS3 does.

Stupidly

Cougar

Speaking as a 360 owner, if I were coming to the decision cold I’d be leaning towards a PS4. The one thing that would convince me to stay on Team Green is if all my mates ended up with XBones instead. That or if they announced a follow-up to Red Dead Redemption as a platform exclusive.

But. And this is a big “but” (I like them and I cannot lie), there is little compelling reason for me to upgrade at the moment. Most new releases come out for all four platforms (360, One, PS3, PS4) and the back catalogue for the whatever-gen-we’re-calling-them-now older consoles is comparatively huge. An Xbox One or PS4 with maybe a second controller and a few games will set you back ~£500; a 360 or PS3 bundle will be half that, and you could get a dozen top-notch games with the remaining £250.

As an investment in modern gaming, and a shiny 40th present to yourself, the PS4 is probably your best spend. As your first console in maybe fifteen years, right now I’d be seriously considering a 360 and a Gold subscription.

Drac

PS4 doesn’t support 3D though the PS3 does.

It does now.

But yes it was bloody stupid not to have it from day one.

rumple
    Free Member

the ps4 is better for gaming as it offer better graphics but the xbox one is more of an entertainment hub with better social networking such as parties and servers. i have the xbox one and love the thing, forza is just next level and i cannot wait to get GTA when it comes out next month. but if none of my mates had the xbox then i would have probably gone for the PS4. whatever you go for you won’t be disappointed.

alternatively, buy more bike sh1t.

GrahamS

Sony won’t have Halo and that’s my drug.

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20141015 😀

Drac

I’ve got the XBox One and couldn’t be happier but that could also be because Sony won’t have Halo and that’s my drug.

It has Destiny which is basically another Halo.

geologist
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies all.

Rumple – I also have some more bike sh*t on the way, a new shiny set of wheels for my Whyte 🙂

rumple
    Free Member

[Cheers for the replies all.

Rumple – I also have some more bike sh*t on the way, a new shiny set of wheels for my Whyte ]

Good to see the priorities are in place 😉

simon_g

Agreed on going previous gen if that passed you by. We’re still a bit early in the life of the new consoles to have many (any?) essential games, and there’s loads of great stuff on the older consoles.

As for sides, it’s really down to exclusives (most games are released on both). Halo, Forza, etc – Xbox. Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Last of Us – PlayStation.

waihiboy
    Free Member

one of the biggest drawbacks on the PS4 is the fact you can’t play (COUGH) dodgy films on it like you could on the PS3.

lungman

being an uber nerd i have both and to be honest there is very little between them. I tend to use the xbox more due to having more mates on it. Go for the one which has the excusives you want.

Tom83

Wiiu 🙂

grahamh
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAhhTL7qXtA[/video]

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Xboxone or PS4’ is closed to new replies.