Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Xbox – what games for 8 year old boy and what cheap FPS for me ?
  • tobyho
    Free Member

I have acquired an Xbox 360. What games should I get ?

I need something for my 8 year old son, but not Lego or Fifa, he has those on the Wii. Any ideas ? Any good rpg games ?

And what first person shooter for me ? It can be an old game – not fussed about the latest. What is the best ?

Creg

FPS wise check out Bioshock, Borderlands, Fallout3 & New Vegas, Metro 2033, Mass Effect (kind of), Max Payne 3. All should be available pretty cheap. There are also the Call of Duty games but these are mostly aimed at online play with really short single player campaigns, although if online gaming is your thing then they are ideal.

Cougar

For an eight year old? 😯

EDIT: missed the “for me” bit. As you were.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The Orange Box (for you)

Do a google search under “best xbox 360 games for kids” or something similar.

PS – a good time to have an xbox – it’s a powerful machine with loads of A rated titles to be had for very little money.

Cougar

For him – Kameo?
    For you – Red Dead Redemption. Also, Orange Box +1 (or get Portal:Still Alive from XBL).

CaptJon
    Free Member

The Mass Effect series. Not strictly FPS, but fantastic games with great stories. The online multiplayer version of ME3 is great too.

/thread

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Consoles and FPS games go to together like, um, well two things that don’t go together very well.

FPS games are so dumbed down and the controls so imprecise/unintuitive, those in the know stick with the PC for FPS games.

Cougar

What about those who have an Xbox? Y’know, like the OP asked?

Many games are probably better suited to a PC, but I don’t have a grand lying around to build a gaming rig and I can guarantee which will give the best experience between my Xbox and my laptop.

hammerite
    Free Member

I really like Sniper Elite. Not so much run around shooting everything that moves, but a bit more thoughtful (although I’m typically useless and play it on the easiest level).

For 8 year old…. Minecraft. I don’t get it, but the kids seem to love it. You can only download it from the Xbox store or whatever it’s called, buy points and you can get it.

I know you said not Fifa, but it is so much better on an Xbox than a Wii.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Xbox – what games for 8 year old boy and what cheap FPS for me ?’ is closed to new replies.