Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Xbox help please – getting nowhere
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

My son wants to be able to play games online with his friends. Most of his friends have Xbox 360s but he wants an Xbox One S. Will he be able to play Minecraft with his friends on older Xbox 360s if he gets an Xbox One S? Does this need an Xbox Gold subscription?

bobbybobbyb
    Free Member

Yes he needs a subscription but it won’t work with 360s. Either get a 360 or convince all his mates parents to upgrade. It’s crappy

wrightyson
    Free Member

If he gets the old 360 version of Minecraft then he should be able to play as the consoles run some bit not all games. This is a list somewhere.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Bugger 🙁
    Thanks for the quick reply. Are any games backward compatible?

wrightyson
    Free Member
    skids
    Free Member

Im sure most of his friends won’t be playing 360’s after xmas, either way 360 games are backwards compatible with xbox one, and a some digital games make no distinction between the two

wrightyson
    Free Member

Minecraft not on the list I’m afraid

stilltortoise
    Free Member

UPDATE: Got an XBOX One S

Still more help needed please. I set it up with my Son on a child account, but various games wouldn’t work. I set him up on a teen account and same problem. Only on adult account did certain games function. I’m not very happy about this and want to have it locked down, but the games that did not work did not give any hint as to exactly what in the access restrictions was preventing them working. Am I missing something?

So far it’s proved to be a surprisingly poor set-up experience 🙁

Cougar

Create yourself an account, that’s the one in control. Then add his child account. There was a thread a couple of days ago, hold on.

Drac

Did you use this method?

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/security/grant-exception-child-content-limits

I’ve not had an Xbox for years so not great with them.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Thanks for the links chaps. I’d already got that far.

I set my lad up with privacy/online settings set to Child and got email notifications of the (free) games he downloaded. He couldn’t play the games though. When he tried loading them it came up with a pretty generic message saying he didn’t have the right privacy/security settings. I can’t remember the exact message, but it gave no clues as to which setting to change. I had to grant Adult access for the games to work, which begs the question why was he allowed to download them if they weren’t going to work with his settings?

Cougar

What games didn’t work, out of interest?

Cougar

why was he allowed to download them if they weren’t going to work with his settings?

Might work with someone else’s I suppose.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Fortnite
    Rocket League

noltae
    Free Member

Call xbox support – they’re surprisingly helpful . . My first thought is setting up multiple accounts off the same e-mail address could cause issues . And obviously if the the games you’re trying to use are age restricted.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Call xbox support

Good call. Didn’t even know such a thing was an option 🙂

The two accounts are different emails.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Xbox help please – getting nowhere’ is closed to new replies.