Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Xbox compatibility question…..
  • BFITH
    Free Member

My lad has got a 360 and his cousin has a one… Can they play together on line ? (Cod ghosts)
    They’ve been trying for a while now with no success…..

ji
    Free Member

Yes if they both have xbox live gold accounts – you need to pay for these.

dh
    Free Member

I don’t think you can mix platforms , both need to be 360 or both a 1

BFITH
    Free Member

Yep… They both have gold….

muggomagic

assuming they have the gold accounts. they need to become friends then when they are both online one can invite the other to join the game and from there they can then play matches together.

BFITH
    Free Member

It’s the friends bit they’re struggling with…

dh
    Free Member

It’s not supported

Xbox

muggomagic

so press the xbox button on the controller and go to messages then i think there is an option there to add a friend. add in the gamertag of his cousin then cousin should get a message that he can then accept the request.

all the info they need to add friends and then start a party here

EDIT: completely missed that they were on a 360 and a “one”

dh
    Free Member

You might be able to add friends but that’s it

Ms obvious want everyone to buy a xb1 and it would be some job to mix compatibility over the platforms

BFITH
    Free Member

We’ve progressed abit. We’re on his cousins friend list but he’s not on ours!

Cougar

I think most people are misreading the OP.

From what I’ve seen, the “Live” system is shared between the two platforms, so you can ‘friend’ each other, send messages and such. However, they are fundamentally different platforms, you cannot play an Xbox 360 game on the Xbox One (and hopefully obviously, the 360 cannot play One games either, otherwise you wouldn’t need to buy a new console). So the short answer to “can they play together” is “no.”

I guess theoretically if a game came out on both platforms then it may be possible to make them talk to each other cross platform, but that would be down to the individual game developers to implement / support that functionality, and that’s probably going to happen as close to “never” as to make no odds.

On my 360 it shows what friends are up to, what games they’re playing and so on; those who’ve upgraded to Ones just show up as “Xbox One” and that’s all you get.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Xbox compatibility question…..’ is closed to new replies.