Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • X01 Eagle Crankset on a 148mm Boost frame
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Is anyone using the non boost Eagle crankset on a boost frame?

I want to get the Eagle X01 groupset for my HT LT from Evans but the crankset is non boost.

https://www.evanscycles.com/sram-xo1-eagle-groupset-10-50-EV276448

Is 6mm really going to make any discernable difference?

benpinnick

Its only 3mm and no you’ll not notice other than the slightly improved chainline unless it turns out you didnt have 3mm of gap spare between ring and chainstay in which case it won’t work. Of course being X01 it can go boost easily enough with a ring swap but thats an expensive way to do it if you find out it doesn’t work.

Poopscoop

You might get away with it, you might not.

I had to get a Boost ring. Unless you know someone has used the same combo online, it’s suck it and see.

Manufacturers will probably just tell you to go boost by default.

Tracey

We had to change the chain ring from a 6mm o/s to a 3mm o/s to get the clearance from the chainstay on a 2017 Enduro

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hi zelak 😉

I’ve run non boost and boost on mine on the 5010, absolutely fine, as above ben says the non boost actually gives a better chainline in the bigger cogs, I only swapped back to boost as they had no stock of non boost chainrings

but if it fails, its just the chainring that’s the issue, the eagle cranks them self AREN’T boost specific, its just the ring, so if it doesn’t fit quite right or looks tight, just flog it and get a boost eagle ring, but id be surprisied if it didn’t as I have loads of space on mine with non boost

failedengineer

What size ring?  I’ve got a 34T Boost from an XO1 crankset, if you need one.

zelak999
    Free Member

Cheers for the answers guys.

I should of thought to message you Oscillate! Should’ve guessed you’d of had experience!

Thanks for the offer of the 34T ring but i’ll be needing a 32T probs.

zelak999
    Free Member

Bollocks! just noticed the cranks are GXP and i need BB30!

Oh well, stick with my trusty RF Turbines with a compatible chaninring then!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘X01 Eagle Crankset on a 148mm Boost frame’ is closed to new replies.