Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • X01 and XX1 cheapest places?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i think the germans are cheapest for the xx1 groupset, but does anywhere in the UK actually stock X01 yet? ive not seen any mention on english sites, unless im being blind

how much cheaper is it than the XX1 then?

amplebrew

I bought my XX1 bits from Tweeks Cycles.

There wasn’t a lot of difference in price between XX1 and X01 from memory, due to there being more discount on the XX1.

It’s all the proper boxed stuff, not OEM.

limkilde
    Free Member

Cheapest place I have seen it so far, even cheaper then bike-compenents.de

X01 GXP

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

jesus limkilde thats cheap, is that a dodgy website or legit? used it? very very cheap indeed!

cheers amplebrew, if the cassette wasnt crazy expensive (even discounted) it actually would even break the bank as far as groups go even discounted the cassette is still like 260 quid ha! crazy!

limkilde
    Free Member

No there nothing dodgy about Bikeparts4you. I havent used it my self, but some of the guys I ride with have, and had no issues.

amplebrew

Yeah, even the X01 cassette is £225; they are a work of art though.

I’m running mine with gripshift and I’ve been really impressed.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ok cheers bud, may give them serious consideration

i can mix and match x01 xx1 on CRC for £778, everything XX1 apart from the shifter and rear mech (which would be X01)

amplebrew

A complete XX1 groupset with Tweeks is £780 with a GXP bottom bracket and trigger shifter.

Edit – Not including brakes though.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

can mix and match on tweeks for £775 with x01/xx1 stuff, so not to much dearer than elsewhere, and the germans dont seem to have any of the x01 stuff anyways

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

really? have you got a link ive not seen that!

id need the weird 168mm q factor thing though hopefully they have that!

amplebrew

I just put ‘XX1’ into the search on Tweeks and selected each component.

SRAM Cassette XG-1199 XX1 X-Glide 10-42 11 Speed – £263.98

SRAM Chain PC XX1 HollowPin 118 links PowerLock 11 Speed – £39.99

SRAM Rear Derailleur XX1 11 Speed – £191.98

SRAM Shifter XX1 Trigger 11 Speed Rear – £111.99

SRAM XX1 Cranks – £172.50

Sub Total £780.44

I’m running the 168 q factor myself.

Edit – The chainset does not come with the bottom bracket, so add £25 for that unless you want to run a CK etc.

boxfish
    Free Member

You need to add £70 to that Tweeks price as the cranks are priced without BB or chainring

burnie
    Free Member

Don’t forget the freehub body

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

sellers on eBay doing cassette for £206 and mech for around £140 should keep the price down a bit?

amplebrew

boxfish – Member
    You need to add £70 to that Tweeks price as the cranks are priced without BB or chainring

Well spotted, didn’t notice that. They must have changed the bit about not including a chainring. The last set I ordered was in June and the cranks came fitted with a 32t ring.

burnie – Member
    Don’t forget the freehub body

The freehub body is quite limiting as not all hubs will take an XD driver. I’m running a Paul Comp RHUB and a DT240 with mine.

sbd16v
    Free Member

ive just finished building my new stumpy evo up with X01 this week, without the crank delivered the next day for under 600 everything from chainreaction bar the chain LOL which ive used a KMC x11-L from wiggle.

tbh you can get xx1 for a little more but there is no difference in performance from the reviews and I liked the X01 colours more.

sbd16v
    Free Member

oh and ps the group set is amazing rode it today for the first time, the ratios just feel right with the gaps not being to large, it felt really good.

amplebrew

@ sbd16v The X01 in red really suits that bike. Are you running a 32t chainring?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Yep tweets need the chainring so another 70 quid which is what I got it to

Will be running a hope bb, amblebrew what frame you running it on a five?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Looking good sdp, you’ve saved a bit by using a x0 chainset you already had I’m guessing?

With the x01 being 104bcd does that mean you don’t need to worry about a factor I take it? As it doesn’t seem to be an option anywhere?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Yep will also need free hub body for the mavic, luckily my wheels can have 11 speed

sillyoldman

Slight Hijack….. I’m looking at buying a bike with XX1 and Trail brakes, and Flow EX 29er rims on Hope hubs (with freehub body to suit XX1 obviously).

I’m a Shimano man, so don’t want any of the above.

Anyone interested, or an idea of what to ask for it? It will be pulled off the bike before it’s assembled.

Bike is a Kona Process 111DL for reference.

Email in profile.

amplebrew

Oscillate Wildly – Member
    Yep tweets need the chainring so another 70 quid which is what I got it to

Will be running a hope bb, amblebrew what frame you running it on a five?

I’m running my 168 q factor XX1 chainset with a 32t ring on my Mosaic hardtail with Chris King BB.

WP_20130816_010 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

sbd16v
    Free Member

another sorry for the hi jack

amplebrew

yes im running a 32t I get long periods off the bike due to work so needed to be realistic with ratio choice and this is very close to the 22/36 at both ends that I previously had.

ive just spent the day at glentress and I can honestly say at no point did I want more gears at either end, and the jumps between each gear are actually quite subtle.

I did love only having to change at the rear tho it makes it very simple.

amplebrew

sbd16v – Member
    another sorry for the hi jack

amplebrew

yes im running a 32t I get long periods off the bike due to work so needed to be realistic with ratio choice and this is very close to the 22/36 at both ends that I previously had.

ive just spent the day at glentress and I can honestly say at no point did I want more gears at either end, and the jumps between each gear are actually quite subtle.

I did love only having to change at the rear tho it makes it very simple.

I agree, I’m running a 32t myself. I was tempted to try a 34t, but haven’t got around to it yet.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Looks smart ample that guess that’s a normal external BB any issues with converting to GXP?

I’ll have to do something similar with my hope BB

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I’m running 32 single on ten speed at the mo, and have done for 2 years nearly now so although my legs are pretty used to it it would still be welcome having the 42t in winter for climbing the messy stuff!

sbd16v
    Free Member

I agree, I’m running a 32t myself. I was tempted to try a 34t, but haven’t got around to it yet.

I think ill order a 34 at some point, when I do an uplift day it would help keep me more in the middle on the cassette on decents rather than in the 10 for a lot of it.

amplebrew

Oscillate Wildly – Member
    Looks smart ample that guess that’s a normal external BB any issues with converting to GXP?

I’ll have to do something similar with my hope BB

I think you just need one of these converter kits to run a Hope.

I have got a standard Chris King external bottom bracket in that picture. Chris King provide the necessary spacers to run GXP with their bottom brackets as standard.

sbd16v – Member
    I think ill order a 34 at some point, when I do an uplift day it would help keep me more in the middle on the cassette on decents rather than in the 10 for a lot of it.

I’ve got another build planned for next month and I think I’ll put on a 34t on that. It’s can work out dear do though experimenting.

chakaping
    Free Member

Am I missing something here? Why not just use your existing chainset with one of those new narrow/wide rings and save a bundle?

And not have to use a GXP bottom bracket.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Once the cassette is less that £100, I’m in. Until then, the consumable parts are just too much for me.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Chakaping that’s actually not a bad idea! It would save a fair chunk off and wouldn’t have to run a converter

Could still run xx1 everything else

EDIT : are the raceface rings 11 speed/11 speed chain compatible?

chakaping
    Free Member

Once the cassette is less that £100, I’m in. Until then, the consumable parts are just too much for me.

I’m waiting for Shimano to get on board. They have to crack eventually.

amplebrew

chakaping – Member
    Am I missing something here? Why not just use your existing chainset with one of those new narrow/wide rings and save a bundle?

And not have to use a GXP bottom bracket.

I bought the XX1 chainset as it was a new build, so didn’t have an existing one to use.

I always use Chris King bottom brackets which come with the GXP spacers anyway.

The cassette’s are eye-wateringly expensive, however they are a work of art.

I’d imagine you’ll probably be able to buy a complete 1 x 11 groupset for £349.99 including brakes from Merlin in a year or so 😀

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of the sram carbon cranks as nice as they look, so that is defo a great idea Chakaping!

Wouldn’t have to change a thing crank wise, perhaps just get a new chain ring as my raceface narrow wide is 4 months old now, but still way cheaper than x01 cranks and ring!

Just wish the cassette was maximum of 150 it’s really hard to press buy on the 224 quid cassette 🙁

extremenik
    Free Member

Hi,
    Bought X01 mech, shifters and xx1 chain from crc and xx1 cassette from tweeks.

Week later crc had 10% off Sram so I bought same again and sent back against original receipt to get 10% off. 😀

sbd16v
    Free Member

p.s im using a X01 104bcd chainring 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

for the record

the cassettes are the same X01 is just black, adds 3 grammes?

ive got 2 xx1 setups,

check ebay,

i got a full groupset at launch from WF-Bike-Parts

2nd lot this year, my rear mech and chainset came from the Ukraine – arrived in 5 days, seller was sumy_c (he has another username as well) chainset was £149 quid with a 32t ring and rear mech was £128 i think, the rest was from bike-discount.de

njee20
    Free Member

for the record

the cassettes are the same X01 is just black, adds 3 grammes?

Is that a statement or a question?

If the former then you’re wrong, and if the latter, no. Slightly different, 15g difference claimed.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

whats the difference apart from the anodising?

im going to go for the Kern scales being more accurate and the Feedback weighing heavy

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘X01 and XX1 cheapest places?’ is closed to new replies.