X-fusion spares and seals in uk

Home Forum Bike Forum X-fusion spares and seals in uk

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • X-fusion spares and seals in uk
  • JoB

X Fusion are brought in by Upgrade who should have all the bits and bobs

Premier Icon Chipbutty
    Subscriber

What are seals and parts for servicing of X fusion forks like in the UK? Tempted by the forks but want to know what parts are like to get hold off.

Cheers

daveh

I reckon 2014 is x-fusion’s year, they can’t be sidelined for much longer. The more people buy in, the more likely independent suspension service/tuners will start dealing with them. I’m in. 🙂

mangatank

I had some dealings with Upgrade and they were absolutely first class. My 140mm Velvets have been so much better than I could have hoped too.

Scamper

Yep, been directed to liam at Upgrade for servicing and spares for my Slants.

Premier Icon simonbowns
    Subscriber

Liam’s been much help to us at the shop, I don’t know if they send spares direct – we’d certainly be able to order bits in.

Really impressed with my Velvets, we can’t keep Slants in stock – a great seller this year, with decent customer feedback.

@18bikes.co.uk">info@18bikes.co.uk

daveh

Directed someone your way the other day for some Slants Si, he read my ad for the Revelation RCT3s (which mentioned I had swapped to Slants), he had no interest in the Revs but was desperately trying to find Slants in stock somewhere!

Scamper

Si, sorry what I meant was advice on servicing and spares rather than actual purchasing. But yes, lovely forks.

Premier Icon simonbowns
    Subscriber

Again, us+Liam/Upgrade. Anything in particular?

Dead simple to service, normal tapered rods for lowers clean and lube. Simple bits inside the air spring assy and damper.

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

Revelation RCT3s (which mentioned I had swapped to Slants)

tempted to do this myself

widge34

Sent an email to 18bikes end of last week. Havnt had a reply yet. Was wondering when you will have 160mm Slants back in stock?

Premier Icon simonbowns
    Subscriber

widge – not seen that, can you check/try again.

Due to a cancelled order, we’ll have ONE, 160mm, black Slant in stock again tomorrow.

@18bikes.co.uk">info@18bikes.co.uk

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

In an attempt to hijack this thread (as no-one’s replied to mine yet), has anyone got an X-fusion Trace, and are running it at 100mm?

daveh

tempted to do this myself

Assuming your forum name isn’t comical and you’re actually very tiny, I’d say go for it! I’ve only a few hours on mine so the small bump sensitivity has yet to come in but based on stiffness and the progressiveness of the spring rate I’d say they suit bigger/harder riders.

daveh

we’ll have ONE, 160mm, black Slant in stock again tomorrow

The race is on! Whoever gets thru on the phone first and says the exact phrase: “I love 18bikes and I want a Slant” gets the fork. 😀

Premier Icon simonbowns
    Subscriber

naah, sod that – BT have still yet to sort our second phone line, so card payments on the phone are a PITA.

It’s active on the webshop, first come, first served.
    http://shop.18bikes.co.uk/products.php?plid=m14b138s569p1920

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

“more likely independent suspension service/tuners will start dealing with them”

J-Tech have been working with them for a while.
    Jim runs them on his stumpy.

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

Assuming your forum name isn’t comical and you’re actually very tiny, I’d say go for it! I’ve only a few hours on mine so the small bump sensitivity has yet to come in but based on stiffness and the progressiveness of the spring rate I’d say they suit bigger/harder riders.

yeah I find the revs dive too much, and flutter under braking. New Pikes come with spacers to tune spring rate but don’t think they are going to fit the revs.

daveh

I had to run quite a bit of lsc to prop my revs up, the slants are much more supportive in standard tune.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘X-fusion spares and seals in uk’ is closed to new replies.