Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • X Fusion Roughcut damper set up
  • Alpha1653

Evening all. Just after a bit of advice if I may. I’ve just bought a set of X Fusion Slants with the Roughcut damper. This is my first time properly riding a really adjustable fork so would be interested in hearing which settings work best for you? How long did it take for them to bed in?

There is a massive range of adjustment on the rebound, high and slow speed compression damping as well as air pressure so am looking forward to having a good play around to see what works, but any words of wisdom would be gratefully received!

Thanks!

RicB

mtbr thread

Essentially set the air pressure to give you the right sag, set rebound to somewhere in the middle, set HSC and LSC to full open, gradually dial in HSC until the fork feels right, then gradually dial in LSC to give you the right amount of support in berms/out of saddle riding

benpinnick

Id not start at fully open, its far too open. Try maybe 6 clicks in on the HSC and LSC and go from there.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ride tweak ride tweak repeat…
    The one thing that’s key is to work out what the settings do to your riding so that you can gauge which way to go.

Alpha1653

Thanks a lot guys, reliable as always. That gives me a good start point.

I only got the forks on Tuesday in time for a Wedesday evening ride in Bristol and before I had time to play with the settings they are already a hundred times better than the revs they replaced. Can’t wait to get them bedded in and dialled as well. Very happy!

I’ve got a pair of Vengeance

My advice would be – start with 25% sag, HSC & rebound around the middle and LSC fully open. You aren’t going to really know what your HSC is doing until you get some big hits. If you are getting pinged off stuff, add rebound at one click at time, if your forks are packing down on repeated hits, back off the rebound one click at a time.

Getting the balance right between small bump compliance and a divey fork can be a tricky one and often down to personal preference. I tend to like a more supple fork in the initial stroke, so generally leave the LSC backed off. If you aren’t happy with your fork diving, add LSC at one click a time until you are happy (LSC seems very responsive to one or two clicks on X-Fusion forks IME). If it gets to harsh on small bumps, back it off a bit

Alpha1653

@TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR: thanks. How’s the jaw?

No worries Alpha

Sore, swollen and bruised, but getting better by the day ta. To be honest, I still can’t feel half my face due to the nerves being cut in surgery, so the rest of my body hurts more than my jaw.

I initially thought the yellow round my neck might be surgical fluid, but it extends right down to my sternum, where it turns blue, so definitely a bruise…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/H9FVca]2016-06-12_10-27-18[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Alpha1653

OUCH! How long til the nerves repair/regrow?

Hopefully you’ll recover quickly. I’m always amazed at the damage we can do to our bodies and how quickly they can recover – I was riding at Christmas in the Forest of Dean with a guy who broke his neck (benpinnick this story might sound familiar!) but he’s back riding and racing already and has been for a few months I believe.

There’s a chance I won’t ever get all the feeling back, but there is definitely a little more today than yesterday, so I’m optimistic.

The Mrs wanted me to stop riding and sell my bikes. You can imagine how that conversation went 😡

Alpha1653

Bugger. On both accounts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion Roughcut damper set up’ is closed to new replies.