Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • X-Fusion McQueen HLR servicing?
  • marcmcq90
    Free Member

Hi guys and girls,

Just bought some x-fusion McQueen HLR roughcut forks and I’m looking to give them a full service.

Information online with regards to oil type and levels/ step by step guides is pretty much non-existent.

Even the official x-fusion charts don’t include any data for the McQueens… can anybody shed any light?

Cheers,

Marc

StuF

Watching with interest –
    There is a youtube vid on lower leg service / seal change

drhackenbush

Thread here for servicing/tuning RL2, should be some relevant info. to get you started at least.

https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/official-xfusion-rl2-fork-service-tuning-thread-910996.html

Just done lower leg service on my sweeps, no need to get the special tool but you need to be gentle with those “cheesy” nuts as said!

Fox 34 SKF seal kit for mine and Stendec 7.5w (Chainreaction) for oil.

I think it might be same weight oil used throughout, but not 100% on that there, is a chart on X-Fusion website.

marcmcq90
    Free Member

I’ve watched the YouTube video for the lower leg service, some helpful stuff on there. I’m just wondering what the difference between the RL2 and HLR is in terms of servicing.

I also followed the video for changing the travel adjustment and carried that out on Saturday.

When I look on the x-fusion website, all of the technical data (oil weights/ heights) doesn’t mention the McQueen range. It mentions every other fork they make but the McQueen is missing!

StuF

How was the travel adjust – is it as straight forward as the video makes it?

Need to up my sweeps to 140.

woots787
    Free Member

If you are going from 130 to 140mm there is a c clip type spacer you pull off. You only need to move the pin for 20mm changes, I had to figure it out as all the guides talked about the pin. Easy job, did mine last week.

woots787
    Free Member

For oil levels I just went with the other 34mm forks levels as you say McQueen was missing.

leegee

I’ve done travel adjust on Sweep roughcut it and it’s simple enough. I made a tool in place of the pin wrench from some steel rod.

Make sure you have the right size drift to push out the pin, I did mine with a vice, drift and mallet.

I’d let the air out pull on the lowers to full extend and then turn the damping to the firmest setting, I could slide the lowers back on and the threads would poke through, no need for the tool.

JohnnyPanic

When I look on the x-fusion website, all of the technical data (oil weights/ heights) doesn’t mention the McQueen range. It mentions every other fork they make but the McQueen is missing!

McQueens are just the boost version of Sweeps aren’t they? Sweep info should be the same.
    N.B. I am not a fork expert so this is at your own risk 🙂

marcmcq90
    Free Member

I’m on mobile so don’t know how to quote…

The travel adjust was very simple although not losing all of the oil is a bit tricky. I thought I had done pretty well and then when I put the lowers back on, most of it squirted out of the holes in the bottom (doh!). Hence the questions about the lower oil levels!

I drifted the pin out with a punch and to get it set back in, gently squeezed it in the vice with soft jaws.

With regards to the mcqueens being the boost version of sweeps – THANK YOU! Makes my searching a hell of a lot easier!

Thanks for all the replies… once again, singletrackworld to the rescue!

reeksy

So I’m considering buying a McQueen fork and was interested to know what seals etc to use for servicing. Is it as simple as using Fox 34 parts then?

mwleeds

Try tftuned for replacement seals and foam rings for X fusion forks. I think that’s where I got mine from.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion McQueen HLR servicing?’ is closed to new replies.