X-Fusion Forks DLA Feature

Home Forum Bike Forum X-Fusion Forks DLA Feature

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • X-Fusion Forks DLA Feature
  • andymc06

They utilise a dial on the top of one of the stanchions, so it is on the fly, much like TALAS.

Hope that helps.

Kuco

You just turn the knob on the top of the left stanchion and on my slants and it goes from 160mm to 130mm.

Premier Icon curiousyellow
    Subscriber

Am I missing something, or is DLA!=On the fly adjust?

I’ve been reading the Freeborn Cycles page and though they mention the travel can be stepped down the features don’t seem to mention an on the fly adjustment like TALAS etc. Am I looking at internally stepped down adjustment for these?

Subscriber

Cheers guys.

On the Vengeance you have to turn the knob and then pump down (170-140mm)

They can also be stepped down internally

mangatank

There’s a factory-fit option to internally shim certain forks to 650b (thus making the trail come alive…probably), but otherwise all adjustments are via the excellent controls on the forks

rondo101

anyone know if it’s possible/how easy it is to change the Vengeance to 650b? Their website seems to imply that it can be a 650b fork, but there’s no “how-to” guide that I can see.

Erm – it just takes a 650b wheel rondo101. What do you imagine you could alter between the arch and axle? 😉

Subscriber

Yeah, on the Freeborn site it says a few of them are 650B compatible out of the box. Like the guy above said, not sure what you could do to make it 650B compatible apart from cut a section out of the brace!

I think they were mostly the longer travel ones.

mangatank

The distributer will probably be able to change the fork to 650b. Its a spacer thing, Drop them a line.

It’s got nothing to do with spacers – the area where the wheel attaches to the fork and the clearance to the tyre is a solid piece of metal, ergo a fixed length. The 2013 Vengeance accepts a slightly bigger wheel than a 26″ without the tyre fouling the arch – simples!

mangatank

You must be right. X Fusion clearly have no idea what they’re talking about. You should email them and put them straight…

X Fusion RL2R

🙄

Premier Icon simonbowns
    Subscriber

Velvet, Slant, Vengeance can be run with a 650b wheel. There’s enough room under the arch, but they need an internal spacer fitting so that they bottom out earlier – to avoid the tyre hitting the crown under full compression.

Premier Icon simonbowns
    Subscriber

oops, beaten to it by mangatank.

rondo101

Thanks Mangatank & Simon.

Any ideas what increments the travel on the Vengeance can be reduced by (internally, rather than the DLA version)?

Subscriber

My apologies too.

I guess this means you’ll lose some of the travel so a 170mm fork on a 26″ wheel becomes 160mm or something on a 650B wheel?

So rondo asks about the Vengeance, I reply with a response relating to the Vengeance and you link to the Velvet – ok.

I get where you are coming from, however, the Vengeance is 650b compatible, without any messing about

Vengeance

Internally adjustable to 160/130/100mm from 170mm

Premier Icon simonbowns
    Subscriber

I’d have to check on that – I’m not sure whether Vengeance is the same situation, I’d imagine so.

The travel spacers (on none-DLA air forks) is either a ladder/pin system, which has differing options on differing models, or we’ve fitted 10/20mm spacers. Pretty much anything, in 10mm steps.

mangatank

Me:

There’s a factory-fit option to internally shim certain forks to 650b

You:

you link to the Velvet.

Happily.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion Forks DLA Feature’ is closed to new replies.