Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • X-Fusion fork topped out?
  • john_l
    Free Member

Got a new X-Fusion Mcqueen in 120mm guise that today suddenly gained an extra 40-50mm of travel but with a hideous clunking as it finished it’s rebound.

I was literally JRA when it happened, so stopped and walked it home. It’s only a couple of months old so I’m sure it’ll get sorted under warranty, but curious to know what’s happened and if it’s an easy fix?

It’s almost as if it’s pulled through it’s travel stops on the way back up.

austy
    Free Member

X fusion use a pin system to hold the travel adjustment in place sounds like the pin has either broken or come out maxxing out to the available travel.

pembo6
    Free Member

Definitely sounds like what austy said. I certainly wouldn’t be riding it. If the pin is floating around doing internal damage.
    I’ve changed my travel a few times and that pin is pretty hard to get in and out so maybe it snapped?? Or wasn’t inserted in the factory.

john_l
    Free Member

That makes sense – thanks. Found this too, which is exactly what seems to have happened.

https://forums.mtbr.com/29er-components/x-fusion-travel-damper-issue-what-happened-920880.html

martinhutch

That was my guess too. It will have snapped rather than just fallen out, there’s no space for it to do the former. Likely to have damaged other bits in the process, I’d imagine.

oldnpastit

There isn’t much to damage around there though?

I snapped one off when replacing the seals but it sounds like a warranty job in your case since getting new clips is quite hard.

martinhutch

Depends whether anything is left sticking out to drag up and down the air tube. Still, should be a warranty job for sure.

john_l
    Free Member

Update – spoke to Cy on Monday, booked in with Upgrade for Wednesday, back today.

Brilliant service from Cotic and Upgrade.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion fork topped out?’ is closed to new replies.