Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • X Fusion
  • Blower
    Free Member

who rates the Slants? is there different models of this fork?
    cheers

phatstanley
    Free Member

i do.
    i run the 160’s on my bfe.
    i forget that they’re there on a variety of terrain (mostly riding the tweed valley week on week). they just work. they absorb the ” bumpy bits” prettty darn well.
    never bottomed them out and not for a lack of trying.
    for the money, no competition, from what i can see.
    love em. 😀

ps you can get two models, i think: the external travel adjust (DLA) and the non DLA one. true lockout on both, not like the bit of travel you get on rockshox. i went non DLA, figuring there’d be less to go wrong. don’t miss it or nuthin’.

daveh
    Free Member

Still breaking mine in but it’s all good so far, can be easily adjusted to whatever travel you like, very nice damping balance as standard and good value.

Blower
    Free Member

after fit forget and as durable as possible

Kuco

I’ve got the DLA one’s and run them at 130mm. Did have the cartridge go in mine but Freeborn sorted them out quickly.

Blower
    Free Member

which you reckon best for me the slant or the other one vengence?

going on my Alpine just all round riding

simonbowns
    Free Member

We’ve had really good feedback from these (well, the whole range actually!) – several folk running full travel Slant, several dropped to 140 etc. They’re simple, but well made – rather that cheap/naff and loads of surplus adjustments.

Dead simple lowers service, they’ve got instructions for that on their site too.

We’ve just had a few 160/Black Slants arrive – over here on our shop site.

Vengeance is a 36 stanchion, bigger+beefier. What travel are you thinking of running at?

Si

daveh
    Free Member

going on my Alpine just all round riding

Dialled or Orange?

andymc06
    Free Member

Running DLA Slants at 160 on my Nomad Mk 2. Very impressed. As stated the damping is good out of the box, very little dive under braking, strong and relatively light. At £450 ish they are superb value.

Blower
    Free Member

Yo Si
    Well its for my orange alpine
    160mm

ratherbeintobago

On a related note, anyone know if the Trace will go to 100mm travel? I’ve got it in my head it can be internally adjusted in 20mm increments down to 80mm, but can’t remember where I saw that and if it’s right.

IvanDobski
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a bloke selling a Marz 55 rc3 ti in the classifieds (no connection).

If you’re after fit-and-forget, and the best performing fork on the market, that’s yer boy.

andymc06
    Free Member

Aye. But they don’t come with a guarantee that they don’t need servicing or a warranty 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

I guess you’ve not tried one, or you wouldn’t be rolling your eyes like that.

simonbowns
    Free Member

Blower – either way then!

Slant for a bit lighter, versatility of air spring, cheaper.

Vengeance would need spacing down from 170mm, bit heavier, but a sturdier chassis (not to call a Slant weak mind!)

If you’re pedalling up/around too, I’d lean towards Slant.

Si

andymc06
    Free Member

They must be amazing if they come with a warranty second hand…….. 🙄

Mugboo

Just riding…. 🙂

cazum
    Free Member

my mates slants have just failed after about 40hrs of riding looks like a blown seal on the air side they are being returned to upgrade. he though they were kind of divey under breaking but that may just be the way he had them setup!

ratherbeintobago

Yes they will, literally just looking at some.

Thanks – that’s very helpful. I notice they’ve added an RL2R model that’s 80/100mm only too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion’ is closed to new replies.