Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • X Files.. (spoiler free)
  • mactheknife

Monday 9 pm. Oh yes i am excited 🙂

Been watching a load of old episodes in preparation 🙂

kimbers

I’m 6 episodes in to the full nine series box set 🙂

Will record the new series and watch it when we finish these !

Drac

Reopened. 😳

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

It’s OK after tomorrow’s episode it probably won’t be spoiler free, you should close it then 😉

Drac

😀

I’m saying nothing.

Cougar

I’m just about to watch episode 3. Erm, because I’m in America, of course.

It’s a Darin Morgan episode, I can’t wait. I’m expecting this to be very silly.

<mod edit – I’ve amended the thread title to differentiate from the other one.>

pirahna
    Free Member

I’ve just discovered the full series on Amazon Prime. I’m going to save the new series for a while.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I’ve seen all the new episodes because erm in in Englad and I have the Internet
    and a eye patch 😉

stevied
    Free Member

What channel? Can’t find it on C5 website listing..

edit: found it

Klunk
    Free Member

nice touch with the fox in 3

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m cautiously looking forward to this tonight…

I’m not sure I’ll like it though, I used to love X-Files, but as the series wore on I liked it less, I preferred the one-offs about spooky shit in backwoods places, as it became more about this big conspiracy, men in black, super solders and all that goo stuff it was less for me.

I think the new ones are a continuation of that, but I’m trying to stay open minded.

Drac

You won’t be disappointed P-Jay.

phiiiiil

We’ve been steadily working our way through the lot, it feels like we’ve been doing it for years, there are so many of them!

Reading about the whole alien conspiracy malarkey suggests that they stopped it because it had got so complicated nobody really understood what was going on any more…

PrinceJohn

Watched the first 2 episodes last night, got the third to watch tonight.

Was too impatient to wait, but it’s grabbed me again and I was very sceptical.

Milkie
    Free Member

I’m just about to watch episode 3. Erm, because I’m in America, of course.

It’s a Darin Morgan episode, I can’t wait. I’m expecting this to be very silly.
    Now I know that, it makes that episode not so shit! 😆

I hear its only going to have 6 episodes and I didn’t think much of the first 3.

Drac

The 3rd one was bloody great even if you didn’t know who wrote it. Funny as hell the main guy played the part fantastically.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s set to record for me, again a huge fan BITD but I’ll record them and watch a few in sequence like I do with EXTANT.

devash
    Free Member

I’m also *cough* in America so have not been using any illicit means to watch the first three episodes of the new series.

Good: Gillian Anderson (still gorgeous after all these years). Some very clever and funny moments taking the mickey out of current political and technological developments.

Bad: Nostalgic memories of being young and carefree, staying up late watching X Files and being scared out of my skin on more than one occasion. Watching it has made me feel very old.

isitafox
    Free Member

I’m also slowly cracking through the old ones from the beginning. Currently at episode 19 of series 2, gonna be a while before I get to the new ones!

PrinceJohn

This guy still gives me the heebie jeebies…

An interesting article here with some people you probably don’t remember being in it. Like Jack Black.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Eugene tombs that guy scared the crap out of me but I was 13 at the time lol I can’t wait not long now.

sirromj

Not sure how well it will work on me now errrrmm, certain subtances are no longer eaten/smoked/drunk.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Is this for real?

I’m witnessing the most wooden acted, cliche ridden horridly scripted bunch of junk I think I’ve ever laid eyes and ears on.

Anderson is doing her best to remain professional, but Duchovny is clearly taking the piss out of the script writers, surely??!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’m quite enjoying it

slimjim78
    Free Member

No offence, but you are easily pleased. It’s utter tripe

tthew

That was f-ing ridiculous.

CheesybeanZ

Disappointed .

pictonroad

3/10

Being generous. Shame, the early stuff with the freaks was brilliant before it too conspiracy heavy.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Guff, but great. Series linked!

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m almost offended that they dared to make and bother to release such a half arsed attempt. Wrong on so many levels.

Drac

Duchovny never could act.

maxtorque

its’s a conspiracy.

no it isn’t

yes it is

no it isn’t

yes it is

(repeat ad-infinitum till series ends)

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Duchovny was great in Californication though

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Mulder is his character from Californication just minus the sex.

It was ok, was a big fan back in the day so will see how this one goes as in I hope it gets better 🙁

slimjim78
    Free Member

Duchovny was great in Californication though

That’s exactly what the Mrs said during this episode, hence me wondering if he was genuinely hamming it up on purpose – some kind of statement of shiteness.

With some decent writing and production quality (the soundtrack was dire!) they have the basis for some classy sci-fi. Instead they appear to have just taken the uber easy option.
    Whoever ‘they’ are…

PrinceJohn

episode 3 tho – Rhys Darby is amazing

cannondaleking
    Free Member

I’ll give till episode six if no improvement I’ll be out.

tthew

Luckily, Mulder and rich conspiratist bloke explained the whole series plot to Gilliam Anderson towards the end of this first episode, (she probably didn’t bother reading the script after it got so stupid) so I won’t need to do one more, never mind 5.

hels
    Free Member

Rhys Darby is in it ? My second favourite kiwi actor – I’m in.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘X Files.. (spoiler free)’ is closed to new replies.