Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • X box oneists,do we "need" kinect?
  • duckman

As above,it will be a joint birthday present.The 360 kinect was a bit gash,should I bother on the Xbox one?

allfankledup

Haven’t got it on ours – hasn’t been missed

We’ve had similar on Ps3 etc – and it was definitely meh…

fadda

Our Xbox one didn’t have it for the first 4 months, then my son got it added for his birthday. I can’t see that it adds much apart from gimmick factor, as we don’t have any Kinect games – he really only uses it to switch the thing on and then just uses the hand controller…

Smudger666

Not if you are over 12 yrs old – or really like those dancing/wi-fit type things.

All mine does is log me in when it recognises me – the most ‘fun’ it generates is when I see how little of a disguise I need not to be recognised. Currently, it knows it’s me unless I wear a hat or a set of comedy specs/moustache.

simon_g

Plenty secondhand for cheap as lots of people don’t use it.

It does give you some nice controls for the media stuff, a few decent games (Fantasia is surprisingly good), Xbox fitness uses it (although limited selection and now they charge for some of it).

Most worthwhile thing IMO is that it makes it about the best Skype client you can get. If you’re regularly video calling family overseas, etc and want to do it from your sofa then it’s brilliant.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘X box oneists,do we "need" kinect?’ is closed to new replies.