Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • X Box One + Monitor + AV receiver + other bits vs. 720P telly
  • garage-dweller

One for the gamers/AV knowledgeable…

We’ve got an X Box One due from “Santa”. I’ve got a few options for connecting it up if anyone’s got any advice on what might work best/what I might need to be aware of…it’s been ages since I’ve had up to date gaming stuff.

1) Connect to old 26″ not-smart 720P HD ready TV to which we might also attach one of those NOW TV smart boxes in another HDMI socket as there’s no aerial to the room it’s going in so we could get I-Player and You-Tube etc.

2) Use a spare 24″ full 1080P computer monitor that only has a headphone out but then make use of the optical connector of the XBox to feed a soundbar.

3) Connect the XBox into an AV receiver (that I have) with HDMI going to the Monitor in (2) and sound coming out direct. The NOW TV box and maybe a blu-ray player can all then go into that (yes I know the XB1 can do the blu-rays but I don’t want the kids defaulting to switching the XBox on).

4) Last resort buy a more up to date 1080P tv c. 32″ (I really don’t want to do this)

HELLLLPPPP????

EDIT: See I really need help as I can’t even post this in the right chuffing forum…

Drac

Then 4 at a later date.

dabaldie
    Free Member

I had a similar issue
    Just ensure the monitor has HDMI input as there is no VGA output from the One.
    I use an ACer monitor and it is significantly better than my 42inch Sharp mainly due to the refresh rate. Its better on the monitor than on all my other TV’s, (and the kids cheap Technica one’s its unplayable)

Personally I prefer using my decent Turtle Beach Headphones (the connect to the controller only)than a mic and soundbar.. but that’s just me. Its a much easier set up than the 360 (used to need USB power and a physical connection to the 360/amp)

D

garage-dweller

Thanks Drac and dabaldie. We’ll give that a go and see how we get on.

olddog

Btw Xbox one has a now TV app as well as everything you would get on a smart TV, iPlayer, Netflix Amazon prime etc

garage-dweller

Thanks again. Soundbar now in place with the monitor and all working except the endless blasted updates. I’m on several GB just this evening. Aaaaaagghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

And relax.

garage-dweller

Sorry olddog thanks you saved me £20 and got iPlayer working now. Others to follow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘X Box One + Monitor + AV receiver + other bits vs. 720P telly’ is closed to new replies.