Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Wyre riders, which one of you caused this?
  • rOcKeTdOg

seems like there was an incident down the big drop?

fenced off at the top and a big sign on the exit too

treklee
    Free Member

Mboy will be able to tell you more, but I think it was the speed of which you were going down, and the fact there could be horses, pedestrians and or forestry commission vehicles at the bottom. There are a lot more fun features in there that are a lot longer then a 10 second segment.

mboy
    Free Member

NONE of us caused it…

I was the first person on the scene to the accident though… Though was chatting with a mutual friend yesterday who was also concerned it may have had something to do with him the other week.

Email in profile if you want to know more… And yes, I need to get back in touch with the ranger to argue our side, my apologies, been a little busy running a business single handedly for the last couple of weeks.

rOcKeTdOg

hopefully no one was seriously hurt, anyway there were obvious signs that riders were going around the ends of the barrier and using the trail regardless. make of that what you will
    spent the morning there today, met horse riders, walkers, a few other mtbers and forestry workers and all were cheerful and respectful of each other as it should be. i hope instances that have caused this closure don’t change this in the future.

oh and go ride the forest now, it is very dry!

andysredmini
    Free Member

I was over there this afternoon and saw those signs. We didn’t go down the trail.
    I’m changing all my plans and going back over there in the morning. The conditions are probably the best I have ever known them in the many years I have been visiting. Not too wet and not dusty and dry. Absolutely perfect.

renton
    Free Member

Whereabouts is this then ?

djflexure

Big drop – might be Three Bears. Must take a trip over this year. Which trail is shut?

treklee
    Free Member

5 ways drop off, bottom of pipeline climb

djflexure

OK thanks – short section as I remember it

singlespeedstu

Fond memorys of when the FC used to try and close every single trail in the Wyre…

renton
    Free Member

Does this drop you onto a point where 3 roads join up or am I in the wrong place ?

GolfChick
    Free Member

you may be in the right place, you have a choice of four ways to go directly from the bottom, others know it as mini moab, been closed for a few weeks now with three fences in place to try to stop riders going down.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

It’s not a section I’ve bothered with in years, but the mere mention of health and safety on the signage as a reason for closure makes my blood run cold.

I was up there at half six this morning, trails in great shape, saw loads of deer, 30k ride finished with a bacon sarnie by the river all before 9.30. Lovely stuff.

djflexure

Should have done the same – 50 miles on the road was dull, dull, dull

mboy
    Free Member

Fond memorys of when the FC used to try and close every single trail in the Wyre…

Those days have returned I’m afraid to say!

hopefully no one was seriously hurt

No they weren’t

spent the morning there today, met horse riders, walkers, a few other mtbers and forestry workers and all were cheerful and respectful of each other as it should be.

Quite… Shame not everyone can be a little more understanding! There are individuals within each camp that believe they are more entitled than others to be in there, which is what causes the friction.

oh and go ride the forest now, it is very dry!

I felt like crap today after having a bit too much to drink last night, but just got home and uploaded my ride to Strava, and it has pinged up with about a dozen PR’s! Given I was riding once or twice a week in there most of the summer, that should tell you just how fast and grippy it is right now! We did the Jungle Run and it was the driest I’ve ever seen it!

Should have done the same – 50 miles on the road was dull, dull, dull

Never seen so many riders in the Wyre in one go. Our group was enormous, 3 times the size of normal, but saw 4 other groups in there too this morning and all were of a good size. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a time and a place for my road bike, but it’s not when the Wyre trails are as good as they are right now!

rOcKeTdOg

I saw 3 other riders on saturday, rare saturday off from bike wrangling though so won’t be repeated for a while

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Wyre riders, which one of you caused this?’ is closed to new replies.