Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wyre Forest Tree Fall
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

I popped to the Wyre yesterday to see how it was drying out and I was surprised how many trees have fallen since the last time I was there at the end of last year. Some of the best trails are blocked by up to three massive trees lying across. Weirdly for the size of the trees there appears very little root.
    its a shame for the trails but I’m sure lines will be formed around the new obstacles as they would be too big for anyone to clear without a digger or hours with a chainsaw.
    It was nice and dry for most of the ride but some bits were still too muddy to be fun. Ill give it a few more weeks if the rain holds off before going again.

z1ppy

Very optimist of you, we tend to start checking it out mid May :mrgreen:

andysredmini
    Free Member

I was being optimistic but have done kinver and clent a few too many times over the last couple of weeks.

mboy
    Free Member

Which trails did you ride that have been disrupted?

Few of my customers have been riding it already for the past few weeks and reported lots of fallen trees too.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I’m not sure as I don’t know many of them by name.
    The one that goes along side the river (not camber) has a big hole where the tree used to be. Midnight marauders is about the only other one I could name. Prob about 4 other popular ones affected.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Magic garden/jungle run had a big hole in it where a tree has come down last time I rode.
    I was beginning to imagine it was all deliberate, there were so many ‘conveniently’ fallen trees blocking trails.

andysredmini
    Free Member

It does look very deliberate at first glance. Very well placed to block the trails. But if you look to the sides of the trails there are others that look exactly the same just not blocking anything.

GolfChick
    Free Member

You should of gone about two weeks ago, it was even worse and someone has kindly cleared some of them. Caravan run was littered with them, they’re now so big you need to own chainsaw to shift em!

andysredmini
    Free Member

There was definitely nothing we could of cleared without a digger or maybe a tank. I’m guessing no one will clear them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wyre Forest Tree Fall’ is closed to new replies.