Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wyre Forest Forestry
  • bullandbladder
    Free Member

I note with some dismay that huge swathes of the forest are currently being clear cut (and getting worryingly close to some of the bestest bits). Ironically, the timber company behind it is UPM Tilhill (of Llandegla fame). Does this mean that when they have finished with it, they’re gonna knock up a load of manmade trails?

rOcKeTdOg

i shouldn’t think so, no trails where affected last time i was there (maybe a few stray branches) but it’s a working forest, trails will come and go, i’m over there tomorrow and will see what the latest situation is

i did note last time that someone had nicked the log step from the end of ‘off camber’!! 🙄

bullandbladder
    Free Member

That log has been missing for close to a year I reckon. Check ou the top end of that trail and youll see what I mean

z1ppy

it happens, it is a working forest, but as you must have seen by the ‘button-oak mtb’ area, the forestry commission would prefer we stayed out of the main forest.
    So doubt they even (well currently) plan to put purpose built mtb trails in, shame could make a packet out of all the midlands bikers (and further afield) instead of trying to drive us away…
    Anyway tree’s being cleared give rise to potential new trails.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

they need to get there act together as they are trashing the place, ive started going to cannock chase its loads better riding and hard packed NO MUD!! try it…

MicArms

Loads of trails have been affected RD, but if you only ride the car parks, you won’t see too much damage. 😀

Most obvious trails, start of chamber was mashed a bit, end section of both Garlic trail, and Pepsi max have suffered. Garlic esp mangled..Also the ‘north shore’ bridges going away from the start of the Chamber and leading over the the caravan run have been ripped up.

Tracks on Button Oak are ok though, and there’s plenty of forest out there still and the ground is nice and dry..
    we’re over there tonight 7PM from the Duke should anyone else feel the need for some riding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wyre Forest Forestry’ is closed to new replies.