Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wyllie BP / other S Wales spots felled?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got a bit of time in South Wales this week, I was going to call in Barry Sidings again and also check out somewhere new to me.

Trailforks suggests a lot of the trails at Wyllie Bike Park may be out of action though. Still worth a visit anyway?

Anywhere else worth checking out that I can use TF to navigate? Stopping near Cardiff so don’t wanna go west really.

PS. I’ve been to Risca a couple of times already, could go there but TF says Ronduro is unrideable now?

Cheers 🙂

joebristol

I know Wylie has had a lot of felling but I think there are still some rideable bits from the Cwmcarn Facebook page comments.

I rode at Risca last weekend and the trails were running fast and quite loose. Didn’t go round as far as Ronduro (which I think is by the steep Network R trails) – rode Jonjuro / deaf and dumb / mayhem / Wacko / Busy Lizzie / Conda / the official DH. All brilliant fun.

frogstomp

We rode Risca on Sunday including the lower section of Ronduro (from the fireroad) which was fine – the top section is more open so I can’t see that being a problem either. The mates I was riding with did seem to think that the Machen / Wyllie side of the valley was toast now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks both.

Might try Wyllie and pop to Risca as a backup.

🙂

HobNob
    Free Member

Risca has been decent, although I never rode Ronduro so don’t have a baseline. All the steep trails by Garbanzo/Network/Dwayne are dusty/loose but still clear & running well.

Usually do them & head over to the longer steep stuff over at Abercarn.

welshfarmer

Smiliog?

schmung
    Free Member

Wylie is pretty shagged. I wouldn’t bother.

Risca bike park is running very nicely at present, with the bonus of being able to do a bit of Cwmcarn as well if you fancy. Mynyddislwyn is..er…like it always is, a series of moto ruts people ride down, nice and dry at present. Steep bits super loose. Coed Mawr is all a bit overgrown. Machen a bit of a mixed bag, but there’s a clear run to the bottom. Hafodyrynys I don’t know, haven’t ridden recently.

Of the above, I’d hit up Risca. It’s really easy to navigate because most of it spurs off of the scenic drive and they’re great trails. Not sure if the quarry is on trailforks, but you can see it from the top easily enough and that’s worth a ride. Conda is mint at the moment, Deaf aand Dumb is running lovely and Wacko Jacko is always a laugh.

leegee

As above Ronduro was fine Saturday.
    FOD too far away?

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers folks.

I am coming back past FOD but I thought I’d ride in Wales while I’m here.

Barry Sidings was awesome today, if a little sketchy from the rain.

therag
    Free Member

Smilog is about 15-20 min drive from Barry Sidings and quite similar, although I do prefer bs.
    I spotted 2 unfamiliar vans there today when collecting my bike from the shop 😉
    We did have some crazy rain last night.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.