Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Wychcraft Beer
  • macmclaren
    Free Member

enjoying a lovely pint with my dinner.

question is.Whats your fav beer or ale and why?

geoffj

My current favourite.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

loving all the williams brewery beers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Coyote
    Free Member

Golden Champion is indeed gorgeous. However for me it is a summer beer. Old Peculiar is where it’s at for the winter months my friends.

mamadirt
    Free Member

igm

Just tried Theakston’s Grouse Beater this week – a return to form I think

Other than that Deuchars IPA or Fraoch Heather Ale

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mamadirt, you, my dear, have very good taste.

Now try the schiehallion from the same brewer, then, go for the dogs nachos – Arran blonde. Bloody gorgeous.

sp
    Free Member

Try some, its grrrrrrrreat :mrgreen:

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Most nights, I drink Carlsberg 3.8%, as it’s inoffensive, and low in alcohol. And cheap. and my offie downstairs does not have a great choice.

Through choice, I do like German-style wheat beers. And flavoursome ales, although I’m not really one for bitters and the really flat stuff. I like a little bit of life in me beer. Sometimes like a Guinness, and occasionally something like a Porter Ale, or ‘Winter Warmer’ type stuff. And of course, nice lagers; but not mainstream pasteurised shite.

Fave pub pint: Sam Smith’s Wheat beer or their Pure Brewed Lager if I fancy a change. Lucky enough to live near Greenwich, and love the Meantime stuff. Their Raspberry Wheat Beer is wild; not to everyone’s taste, but I **** love it! They do loads of other really nice beers as well, so a trip to a Meantme pub can be a dangerous thing.

I will have an Erdinger or Paulaner wheat if I find it, and a Hoegaarden, if there’s nowt else.

Trouble with the nice beers, is that they tend to be strong, and I’m only a little feller, so I can be a bit rough the next day, which is why I stick to the cooking lager.

That beer Mama’s posted looks very interesting….

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Discovered this, last summer. Brewed by our very own Rob ATGNI off here! Not joking, this stuff is utterly gorgeous. just ask WCA…

AndrewLancs
    Free Member

Jennings Cumberland every time!

richtea
    Free Member

just opened a hobgoblin. ’tis fantastic stuff!

AndrewLancs
    Free Member

Hobgoblin and Wychcraft… Witney’s finest!

mamadirt
    Free Member

That beer Mama’s posted looks very interesting….

Yeah, papadirt brought some home for me one day – reckon he thought the label appropriate 😉 but it’s a regular on my shopping list now. Will give that Arran Blonde a try though.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

reckon he thought the label appropriate

Ah, that’s so mean.

He doesn’t appreciate you, Mama. Not like I would… 🙂

(Flutters eyelashes)

djglover
    Free Member

best I’ve tried for a while, and the only “Southern” bitter to be reminisent to me of a “Northern” bitter, but better than many. Lovelly Citrusy, bitter but refreshing pint of best

loved it.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ha, but you don’t know about my grudge 😈

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

That said, I am currently enjoying discovering the many new ales available in Cumbria… the diversity is just blowing my tiny little Orcadian mind 😉

Rich
    Free Member

Lovely beer, and a cool label.

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno, that label looks a bit Hobbity to me.

Do Wychwood make Hobgoblin too? I had a bottle of that the other night and it was magnificent.

Been slowly working my way through some recommendations from a recent thread on here – and other beers I’ve enjoyed a lot have been Tesco Bottle Conditioned Ale and Fullers 1855 (?).

sootyandjim
    Free Member

BoardinBob

Orkney Brewery Dark Island is #1 at the moment, closely followed by Innis and Gunn

mavisto
    Free Member

All time favourite is “Moorhouses Pendle Witches Brew”

Recently had a couple of pints of Okells Dark Mild. What a lovely drink on a cold evening without it being too strong. How can a brewer call something a mild when it is over 4.0% I’ll never know.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Saltaire Brewery Cascade Pale ale at the mo.

zokes
    Free Member

noteeth
    Free Member

Rich
    Free Member

Dunno, that label looks a bit Hobbity to me.

Do Wychwood make Hobgoblin too? I had a bottle of that the other night and it was magnificent.

Yeah they make that too.

The four goblins on the Wychcraft label represent the four elements, wind, fire, earth and air.

mt
    Free Member

Have look at this place, fantastic beer and they deliver to your door.

http://www.blackislebrewery.com

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

you should try Wychcraft’s Goliath, nice beer and bit to easily drunk down

goby

Mmmm a pint of harveys! from lewes in sussex

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Nota great fan of Wychwood beers- even been to the brewery- I find them a bit thin and insipid. They do a decent cider though.

Now this stuff is brilliant

zokes
    Free Member

Cains? Wouldn’t pour it down the drain for fear of what it might do to the environemnt. Horrid stuff!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Wychcraft Beer’ is closed to new replies.