Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • WWSTD: Friend about to be made homeless!
  • poolman
    Free Member

The gamblers anon website is a good start.  I know someone who is addicted, ticks all the characteristic  boxes.  Sadly he is in denial so has yet to hit rock bottom to start admitting any issue.

He s lost over a million, it’s easily done without even trying.  Poor guy just cannot stop.

tartanscarf

I feel for you. My mates now ex wife was/is an alcoholic for years. He stayed put for 15 years trying to help her. Despite being done for drink driving, losing her job, losing her partner and almost losing her daughter (all in separate instances) she’s still not hit rock bottom and not doing anything about it.

He’s the most lovely, caring, supportive bloke you could ever meet and he couldn’t help because she’s not ready yet.  The only way I’d get involved in your situation would be for my closest friends when I knew they were ready to change. And it wouldn’t be financial support.

TS

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

90% of me says have nothing to do with him beyond emotional support. The remaining 10% is wondering whether to contact his sister and see what’s been going on in his life from another perspective. Has he been trying and failing to sort himself out or has he just been carrying on as if his actions can continue indefinetly? If it’s the former then I “might” be tempted to offer a little more practical assistance but even that would have conditions attached.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘WWSTD: Friend about to be made homeless!’ is closed to new replies.