Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • WWhat cheap car for bikes, camping, commuting, dogs?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I just need something cheap to last me a year or so as I’m going to be far more financially stable in about 18 months.

Will be used for going camping with the mrs and dog when we get him, for myself commuting about 40 miles a day, for me and the mrs’ bikes with dog.

Any ideas? Cheap diesel estate? Berlingo?

tthew

The best condition you can find with 12 months MOT. For cheap make and model is largely irrelevant.

v8ninety

2006 Octavia estate FTW.

But actually, what he said ⬆️

tthew

Actually I’ve had a couple of Octavia’s, and they are ace cars.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Fabia estate does all that.  tdi even better. Am getting 50-60mpg

Pulled into campsite recently and began unloading.  Neighbouring camper was watching bemused, he chuckled:  see you’ve got a ‘Skoda Tardis’ then?

Downsides? .   Looks like a jellymoulded oldfartmobile, no escaping that. Especially if you wash it regularly. With a good coat of dust it literally disappears.  Could be an upside.  Depends on priorities.

Upsides?  Probably theft averse.  Is kryptonite to cool and desirable. Definitely the biggest small car I’ve had.  Handles twisty lanes surprisingly well.  Feels solidly made.  Can easily fit bike + luggage in with back seats down and front wheel removed.  Possibly bike and dog with harness if leave the single rear seat up.

Cheap.

DickBarton

Berlingo

slackalice
    Free Member

Focus estate.

regenesis
    Free Member

Megan Scenic – £700’ish gets you a very clean one

rpmf23
    Free Member

2006 avensis or as said above.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

£700? Blimey I’ll get looking!

Northwind

Fabia estate is miraculously big inside… But ime really quite irritating to use all the space, you can fit everything you own in one but you have to take it all out if you want to get anything out.

Mondeo petrol with a year’s mot would be my shout. Massive, comfy, unwanted, cheap.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Looked on Auto Trader, some really good prices if it’s a car I’m pretty much going to bin after a year. The Megane Scenic are ridiculously priced.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘WWhat cheap car for bikes, camping, commuting, dogs?’ is closed to new replies.