Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Wunundred! But what's the furthest you've ridden in a day?
  • grim168
    Free Member

118 miles on lejog with four panniers and camping gear.

amodicumofgnar

Just over 160km in a day touring the other year so a shade over a 100miles on road. 100km in a Polaris a couple of years back but that did have a lot of road in it.

samuri
    Free Member

204 miles, mixture of road and offroad, probably 40/60 split. I see some chaps have done more than that, chapeau.

I’ll just take my fixie off somewhere and hide shall I?

takisawa2

40 miles on my road bike, about 55 on a canal ride once.
    Quite fancy doing a big ride on the road bike this summer.

Also quite fancy that Liverpool-Leeds Canal ride that was talked about on here last week.

andrewh
    Free Member

Ladies and Gentlemen; we have a winner.

You are absolutely mental. You need locking up for your own safety.

316 miles in one day??? That’s insane.

Thank-you. I think.
    Actually it’s not that impressive.
    I was building up to doing a 24hr MTB race. Did 214miles in National 12hr Time trail champs on the road in 2008 then did 316miles in the National 24hr time-trial Champs (2009) Pi$$ed it down for a lot of it, quite horrible. Fell asleep on the bike around 4am, probably only for a couple of seconds but woke up in the wrong lane of a major A-road, scared me quite a bit so I stopped and had 20minutes proper sleep, was OK after that. Winner got over 400miles…
    Have discovered road 24s are really dull, think that’s why I nodded off. And being on tri-bars leaves one in the ideal position for doing so!
    Did 2 solo 24hr MTB races last year much more successfully, 9th at Newcastleton and then 31st at the Worlds in Canberra. Done 1 so far this year, 13th at Newcastleton (was beaten by one singlespeeder, that’s impressive!) Staying awake is now much less of an issue. Is it because I am now used to it or because having more adrenaline from the fun bits in my system keeps me awake or because I have discovered caffine tablets?

AlasdairMc

101 miles on the road, 65ish offroad.

The road ride was Edinburgh to Crieff via Dunfermline and returning to Linlithgow (light ran out which stopped me). I discovered that Lucozade from village shops is great for when you run out of liquid.

kiwijohn

206km in the ASH Dash, (Annual Seven Hills), from Hobart around southern Tassie. My third & last time on a road bike.
    Off road, I’ve done several 100+km races.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

132.5 miles (according to the computer) with 9’300ft of ascent on the C2C from Workington to Sunderland last July.
    It was a great day out actually, if tiring. Would do it again with pleasure.
    However – NOT from Workington – the place is horrible, really, really horrible. Go from Whitehaven, much prettier.

Not really sure about the mtb although i’ve ridden the MTL in a day etc.

samuri
    Free Member

However – NOT from Workington – the place is horrible, really, really horrible. Go from Whitehaven, much prettier.

Workington must be *really* bad if Whitehaven is better.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

107 miles on the road bike, Stratford sportive
    55 miles off road ..

kevtoo
    Free Member

About 120 ish miles on road Sheffield to Whitby via York as a teenager. 40 odd off road on the SDW. All downhill thereafter…

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Wunundred! But what's the furthest you've ridden in a day?’ is closed to new replies.