Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WTF is wrong with the roadies?
  • 5thElefant
    Free Member

I encountered about a hundred on the lanes yesterday. I was in a large 4×4.

Every single one cheerfully smiled and waved when I pulled over for them! 😯

Have aliens replaced them but made a fatal mistake? Has the EPO been contaminated with E?

rp16v
    Free Member

tbf im alway curtios when riding it just makes the day easyer and less stressfull for everyone 😀

mrmo
    Free Member

Every single one cheerfully smiled and waved when I pulled over for them!

There your answer, more used to be run off the road by people driving 4×4’s

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5thElefant
    Free Member

You’ve been contaminated by mountainbikers. I did notice a lot of peaks and camelbaks. Maybe manners are contagious?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

two smiled at me as I was running yesterday – did not expect that – weird.

rp16v
    Free Member

maby its just all the mtbers out training on the roads like me, wouldent call myself a roadie but do train/commute on the road if that makes any sens,i dont go as far as full lycra or leg shaving but i do like to ride fast filtering throu traffic 😆

OCB
    Free Member

There’s definitely something afoot!
    Most drivers I met out whilst riding last weekend were very considerate (too).

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It Cameron’s ‘Big Society’ starting to take effect…

Taff
    Free Member

When on my mtb I alway say hello to roadies and normally get a hello back. Went out on the road bike in baggies and a muddy camelback and they just ignored me – haha

winston_dog
    Free Member

Taff – I have had exactly the same experience.

I bought a road bike in January and initially wore Giro Zen and baggies, too cold for just lycra! nearly all roadies ignored me.

Since then I have bought a road helmet and have been lycra shorts in the warmer weather, they all acknowledge me now! V strange!

dustypumpkins

I was walking to the bike shop with my SS wheel and got a wave from a roadie riding up the street. I was so shocked as almost every roadie I pass on the mtb that I wave to ignores it. To be fair so do most mtbers I pass. Maybe it’s a Glasgow thing. Laughed at some poor woman in city centre yesterday in the pouring rain with back to front forks. She was very puzzled when I pointed it out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WTF is wrong with the roadies?’ is closed to new replies.