Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • WTF do tennis players carry??
  • alpin
    Free Member

I think it’s their bag of cash

Given the loser of the semi finals receives over half a million you’re probably not far off the truth…..

joshvegas – Member
    It all started with Tim Henman having to carry the impossible weight of misguided expectation of a nation.

Then he stepped aside for Murray who similarly carried unfounded hopes of scotland Britain. Of course he’s actually achieved this expectation. Now it’s just the happy pills he hides under his tongue and spits out when his mum isn’t looking.

Harsh, but funny….!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

@richmars
    I think you’re allowed a certain number of comfort breaks which you can use to change clothes, but that would be a massive waste of a tactical advantage! Here’s Nadal changing his shorts on court.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Rt-GzP7qc[/video]

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Notice Cilic and Federer were quick to strap the undoubtedly expensive watches on after the match. Heaven forbid they hadn’t realised the time and missed the last bus back home.

njee20
    Free Member

Not really any different to sticking on baseball caps is it. All just sponsorship. I’d rather put on a nice watch than a hat!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

It’s part of the contractual stuff in their sponsorship deal. For $15 million I’d not mind having to occasionally wear a Rolex 😉

Nadal actually plays with the watch his sponsor makes for him. 850,000 USD and he’s lost 3 of them apparently!

Rafael Nadal is wearing an $850,000 watch at the French Open

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Oh aye, know all about the need to keep a roof over your head and Wear the correct hat/jersey/shoes etc.

Bit like that other thread about women’s tennis. Kournikova being the most paid tennis female despite not winning anything of note.

Interesting that Mille get a return on investment from Nadal in terms of sales. At a million dollars a watch you must be into a fairly niche end of the market

curiousyellow
    Free Member

When your turnover is into 9 figures a year then you’re not a person anymore. You’re a business.

Mille probably pay/give Nadal stuff to be associated with him. The people he must meet probably look at his watch and go “who makes that? 20g in weight you say? Can travel to Jupiter you say? I must buy one for myself old chap” and tell their lackey to go buy one for them. If a couple of people do it, then perhaps its worth giving him a free watch? Make no mistake, the type of people they get to meet are in a different league!

I counted 7 people in Muguruzu’s on court support team and she’s what? Top 20 in the womens. Someone like Nadal easily employs twice, maybe thrice that, maybe even more.

dudleycon93
    Free Member

their balls xd

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

487 packets of Garibaldi biscuits.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘WTF do tennis players carry??’ is closed to new replies.