WTD – Steel hardtail or cheap fullsus frame

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD – Steel hardtail or cheap fullsus frame

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • WTD – Steel hardtail or cheap fullsus frame
  • simonlwoods

Hi all,

I’m looking to build up a cheapish xc/trail bike for a bit of training. I ride DH normally so would prefer something that’s a bit rugged and can handle the 110-140mm Pikes I have in the garage.

I was thinking about a Dialled Bikes Alpine, Cotic Soul, Ragley etc. for about £250 or a cheap fullsus like an Orange 5 or Specialized Pitch or Enduro for £350/400 or so. I’m not fussed about cosmetic wear and tear, but it has to be structurally sound.

Would be willing to swap or part exchange for 2008 Mountain Cycle Rumble frame (medium).

simonlwoods at gmail dot com

Cheers!

Mackem

Orange p7? It’s a 19 inch.

shindiggy

I have an 18inch original blue On one 456.

trailmoggy

got a 16″ dialled bikes prince albert frame

fullysussed

Im selling my DH training frame; banshee morphine hardtail in black. Most rigid hardtail you can get, great for chucking around, takes 120 to 200mm forks, lots of fun.

sm500

saladdodger has a 16″ 456 blue frame for sale,its up here on the forum, think it was up here a few days ago,drop him a mail if you are interested? or drop me a mail and i will pass on email for you..
    cheers

simonlwoods

Thanks for the replies.

The 456 sounds pretty good Shindiggy. Could you please email a few more details, price, condition, any photos you might have etc.?

I’m 5’11” so I suspect the 16″ variation will be a bit on the small side. Thanks anyway sm500.

Mackem, I’ve sent you an email about the P7.

Thanks for the suggestion fullysussed, I’ve been riding a Mountain Cycle Rumble recently and want a change from Alu bikes so will pass on the offer.

mtbskilz

Have been thinking of selling my Specialized Enduro. Size medium which would be spot on for you as I’m 5’11” as well. Frame is in good condition but with the usual scuff marks off heels etc.. It does have a dent in the underside of the downtube a few inches above the bottom bracket. This happened a few weeks after I got it and was caused by a stone flying up. It was referred back to Specialized who were quite happy that the integrity of the frame had not been compromised.

I had really thought of selling it as a complete bike but may split it down if you were interested.

simonlwoods

@mtbskilz Sounds interesting, could you email me a few details, price, condition etc. I’d be interested in the wheels too if your splitting the bike.

mtbskilz

Simon, will do. Possibly won’t get it done until tomorrow night as I’m just heading off to do some coaching.

mtbskilz

Simon you don’t seem to have an e-mail address on your profile, so can’t send the pics I took. Happy to sell the wheels too. I’ve some photos of those too. They are DT Swiss 5.1’s. They were completely rebuilt a couple of years ago by a local wheelbuilder as all the spokes had loosened. He used DT spokes with brass nipples when he rebuilt. The rear hub is also DT Swiss and the front is a Specialized Stout for 20mm through axle. The rims look a bit shabby now but the wheels are pretty true and the hubs run like a dream.

Re the frame it is the Pro version so it is anodised a golden brown colour. Many parts of the frame are protected with helicopter tape. I have shown the few chips and marks in the photos together with the dent. There is a Fox DHX 5.0 shock which is just about due a service (it sounds a bit squelchy. I have both the shuttles for the shock which adjust the angles and BB height. As you’ll see the frame is in good condition. I’ll throw in the seat pin and the Chromag seat QR.

The bike has hardly been used in the last few years as I bought an Orange 5. I also hardly used the bike over in winter as I tend to run a hardtail through the winter.

Looking for £375 for the frame and make me a reasonable offer for the wheels.

simonlwoods

Email is simonlwoods at gmail dot com

Thanks for the pics.

shindiggy

Will get some pics of the frame only today and send them over. Frame already has headset and seat clamp fitted.

shindiggy

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you, are pictures still wanted?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘WTD – Steel hardtail or cheap fullsus frame’ is closed to new replies.