WTD: Specialized Stumpjumper 99/00 FSR XC chain stay

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD: Specialized Stumpjumper 99/00 FSR XC chain stay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • WTD: Specialized Stumpjumper 99/00 FSR XC chain stay
  • gpalmer

Does anyone have a very old (99/00) Specialized Stumpjumper chain stay lying somewhere in their bike shed?

I’m resurrecting an old retro bike but have a hairline crack in the rear lower chain stay.

See images https://plus.google.com/photos/112679386794567137264/albums/5983719007048925041

So, looking for a replacement, graemeandkatie@googlemail.com

Thanks

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

drop SpeshUk a nice can you help me email. this was a common fault, mine went the same. They won’t have stock for a 14 year old frame, but i understand that later FSR’s used a chain stay with basically the same dimensions.

gpalmer

Thanks, I have tried SpeshUk, see reply:

…Unfortunately we no longer have any stock of those parts and they haven’t been available to order from the factory for over ten years. So I don’t think we are going to be able to help. Occasionally you get frames cropping up in the classified ads and on auction sites but they are all getting a bit long in the tooth now…

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

Oh well, i know peopel have had succes there more recently than 10 yrs ago.
    I’d just get it welded.

curlie467

Give Cyclone cycles a ring in winsford cheshire. He has one hanging on the wall that may suit and may part with it.

gpalmer

Great thanks!!

I’ll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

gpalmer

No luck, its a collectors piece apparently 🙁

clive8313

not sure if it’s of any help but i saw fsr xc chainstays on pinkbike (i know) can’t remember the years though but they were in am/xc frames and came up when i searched for specialized enduro frames.
    good luck!

clive8313

here you go http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1511751/ seller seems to think it will fit a 2010 fsr xc?

gpalmer

Thanks for the post but the very end of the stanchion is a different shape to the one I have.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Specialized Stumpjumper 99/00 FSR XC chain stay’ is closed to new replies.