WTD: Older full suss for around £500 – £600

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD: Older full suss for around £500 – £600

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • WTD: Older full suss for around £500 – £600
  • I’m looking to get back into riding and am looking for an older full sus. Something that can handle a bit of everything – possibly along the lines of a patriot or a Spesh enduro. Would also consider a tough hardtail – something like a Cove Stiffee too.

Frame size ideally large / 19″.

Your thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Ben

Hi there Ben I’ve got the ‘makings’ of A Gary Fisher Cake 2 2006 – however, I seem to remember from having one before that the 17.5″ was too big for me because of the Genesis Geometry – but it might suit you -details/pix here http://fisherbikes.com/bike/archivemodel/212) I was going to team it up with a Fox Vanilla 130R fork, LX Disc brakes, and either Mavic/Deore or Sun Ditch Witch wheels,I’ve got a vgc Bontrager chainset GXP, and Racelite OS Bars and stem, and probably Deore (or LX) shifters, XT fr mech, XTR rear, it’s got a Thomson layback seatpost, and Hope QR, and headset. I was going to build it up next week, as I’m not working at the mo, and put it up on here in a week or two for £650 but I’d take £600 for it plus delivery or collect Brighton, or if you want a tough hardtail I’ve got an 18″ Kona Explosif 2004 Ox Temper Steel(geared and sliding dropouts) £450 as is, could do with upgrading forks/CS, at the mo – Marz MZ forks/Deore/117 wheels/Avid J3 brakes – (again a bit too big for me)

jfb01

Hi Ben , I am selling my 18″ Ventana Elsaltamontes frame ,it has 5/6″ rockers fitted and a Fox RP3 shock , also a set of 4″ rockers inc.
    Frame is immaculate & had xc use only – £450 + P&P
    Can send photos if required :- @yahoo.co.uk">jeffbushi@yahoo.co.uk
    Cheers
    Jeff

what size seat tube is the ventana?

Thanks for all the posts – I’m definitely looking for a full bike within the £600

Fennerhorne – thanks but i think 17.5 might be a little on the small side for me.

Transporter13 – what frame size is the patriot?

Thanks
    Ben

xiphon

Looks like a 16″ Patriot, from 2003+

Premier Icon transporter13
    Subscriber

xiphon is correct…like myself..he likes all things orange

it is a 16″ frame from 2004..im guessing by your responses that its too small…how tall are you? im 5’10” if it helps

I’m 6ft 4, and kinda thought an 19″ frame was the smallest I’d go to. that orange looks ideal – if only it was bigger!

Premier Icon transporter13
    Subscriber

mail me your number to gary dot robbinson at btinternet dot com

i think i might be able to help you out exactly with a larger patriot

i’ll ring you as soon as i get a mail

shoei

I’ve got a 2009 KHS604XC for sale.
    19″ frame. Hardly used
    Details here: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-khs-xc604

xiphon

xiphon is correct…like myself..he likes all things orange

We’ve got 5 in the house…

2 Patriots, 1 222, 1 Crush, and 1 Hitman..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Older full suss for around £500 – £600’ is closed to new replies.