WTD: Lighweight XC Wheel(s) or hub(s) – Pro 2/3, AC, Tune, 240s, etc.

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale WTD: Lighweight XC Wheel(s) or hub(s) – Pro 2/3, AC, Tune, 240s, etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WTD: Lighweight XC Wheel(s) or hub(s) – Pro 2/3, AC, Tune, 240s, etc.
  • Looking at buying or building a race wheelset for later in the year.

Ideally I'm after a light-ish hub (Hope pro 2/3, Tune, American Classic, ZTR, etc.) on one of the lighter Stans rims (355, Alpine/Olympic, Podium), but am happy to consider individual wheels or hubs as I'm not in a rush and could build something custom over time.

I'm very lightweight so can get away with something very floaty – but whatever it is, it must be in very good condition.

Please let me know what you've got – thanks!

hi, i have available the following wheel set

2010 No-Tubes ZTR Olympic rims, 28 hole, black
    * King Disc brake front hub, 28 hole, gold
    * Kong Disc brake rear hub, 28 hole, gold
    * DT Competition spokes, black
    * DT alloy spoke nipples, gold
    * stans yellow tape fitted

wheels are in immaculated condition still have proper transport box.

only been ridden twice. cost £700 new

email in profile if you are interested

thanks.

handyman153

I have got a pair of American Classic Hubs. The older type before the red and white logos.
    32 Hole, lighter than Hope Pro 2. (Not sure by how much i can find out)

Let me know if you are interested and i will get some more info and a price.

Email in Profile.
    Cheers
    Josh…

prof farnsworth – thanks for the offer, they sound very nice indeed, but i suspect they'll be way out of my price range if they were £700 and they're almost new. Cheers anyway though.

Josh – YGM.

santac

Have you checked these out http://www.pronghornracing.dk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=2&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
    great review on bike magic aswell
    If you are interested let me know I can get another 10% off email in profile

no worries.

mountain monkey, whats your budget?

Santac – thanks, they look lovely, but over budget again I'm afraid 🙁

Prof – well it depends on what frame and fork I go for, but I guess £300 max – unless I got a bargain frame and went for my mate's fork rather than a new one.

smurf

There is a pair of Roval Controlee wheels for sale on here (same pair is on ebay). £300 from memory.

I've got a pair of 819 rims on DT Swiss hubs (370 front, 240s rear). Excellent condition (if not mint) and less than £200 posted.

Let me know if you're interested

smurf

smurf

For the right price I could probably be persuaded to part with a set of 240s hubs. 20mm front (I've got the adapters as well) and QR rear.

Both in excellent condition. Been meaning to get them built up but I could use the money for something else at the moment. Won't be cheap mind 🙂

smurf

Hi Smurf – what would be the 'right price' for those 240s then? Mail in profile, cheers.

Premier Icon granny_ring
    Subscriber

MountainMonkey ygm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Lighweight XC Wheel(s) or hub(s) – Pro 2/3, AC, Tune, 240s, etc.’ is closed to new replies.