WTD: Large frame and forks

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale WTD: Large frame and forks

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • WTD: Large frame and forks
  • Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

Wanted: 19"/20"/21" hardtail frame, preferably steel and am particularly interested in Inbred/456, Rock Lobster, PA, Orange P7. Has to be suitable for gears and disc brakes. Not too worried about shonky paintwork but mustn’t have any dents.

Needs to be suitable for a 6’4" bloke who isn’t hugely heavy but does have very long arms and very long legs!

Also looking for forks, 100mm – 120mm travel.

E-mail in profile. Thank you so much!

Moses

C_G: ygm. Not steel, but good quality, Trek 8000 19.5"

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

You’re so kind … do you have anything to sell please?

sofatester

Your sinking again!

#throws CG a life jacket#

Subscriber

Damn … missed! Can’t swim!

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

Got a 20 inch Trek 8100 frame. Alu frame, well used but well loved, good condition, includes a seatpost and clamp. I’m 6’4" with very long legs and it fits me ok.

Let me know if it is interested.

Premier Icon Tiboy
    Subscriber

Still got a "20 Ti frame for 100mm forks, airborne lancaster, no decals and looks tatty, but lovely ride. disc mounts too, open to offers, but £250 posted?

Subscriber

Thanks lunge and Tiboy but not really suitable. In any case I don’t want this big guy taking after me with expensive tastes. One Ti in the family is more than enough!

wildrnes

sorry i don’t have anything, but good luck in your hunt

(can we get this past 100?)

Obviously not a hardtail, but I’m gonna be selling my MK1 20" Giant Trance frame soon (probably within the next week). Just wanna give the shock a service and change the bearings before I do.

Subscriber

Sponging-Machine – hope the Classifieds has fewer posts by then!

wildrnes – no, I don’t want over 100 posts cos had that recently with the Swinley ride. Just want frame and forks!

Toasty

I’m 6’6" so thought I’d mention. He’d be right at the top end of an Inbred/456, their top size is 20", their only 21" bikes are the 29rs. Rock Lobsters are known to have quite short top tubes which once again might not be ideal.

Orange P7 is nice and long though!

Also be aware, when steel frames lose their paint they often rust quite quickly. It’s never any danger but it certainly eats a bit of the value.

Premier Icon peteimpreza
    Subscriber
    clydebuilt

got an 08 20" standard inbred, bit of chainsuck but generally v good. £80 posted.

I’ll have an ’06 rockhopper 21" from next week, i have just bought a new frame. Get it touch if it is of interest, it takes gears and discs but won’t have a fork.

will1

ygm

From the-kid

Subscriber

Toasty – Thanks for that. I believe the Lobster comes in a 21"? I know a 29er would make sense but this will be his first adult bike since he broke many (including mine) as a teenager. He doesn’t want to spend much as it won’t get used a great deal.

Taff

Hi Cinnamon girl – Is this going to be a cheap hack bike? I have size L Gt Avalanche whihc is too big for me and I’m 6′. It comes with headset, seatpost, seat clamp, saddle and deore front mech for 75 posted. Sounds like you want soemthing a bit better though but its hard as nails

Subscriber

Taff – no, it will be used for XC duties. Thanks anyway!

cinnamon_girl…..YGM

Premier Icon tootallpaul
    Subscriber

CG,

I have a p7 sitting in the garage that will be advertised shortly if you are still looking.

Its a 19″ which fit me perfect at 6ft 4inches, 34 inch inside leg.

Lots of parts available as well.

Cheers

P

PS- I’m sort of local to you as well I believe.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Large frame and forks’ is closed to new replies.