WTD: Hope XC hub bearings and tools

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD: Hope XC hub bearings and tools

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • WTD: Hope XC hub bearings and tools
  • gusamc

Hi

as above, need to do bearings on a pair of old Hope XC hubs, so was wondering if anybody had the bits

Cheers

Premier Icon ponngoe
    Subscriber

Poss. I got the bearings. Six is it yu need?

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

If you have a socket set then you don’t need the tools – just use an appropriate size socket as a drift.

Lots of ebay sellers doing bearing kits for the XC hubs nice and cheap.

Just remember there’s a circlip in the rear which you need to remove before drifting out the bearing (for this you will need circlip pliers) – otherwise you’ll be hitting the bearing for a very long time and not much will happen 🙂

gusamc

Hi poongoe – yes, as I understand it 6
    2 for front, 2 for back and 2 for freehub, *sorry but can I check are they stainless/high quality sealed ones – the original appears to have lasted about 8 years

Hi cp
    presumably to drift out I need a socket (or bits of wodd etc) that ‘fits’ the hub metal to let the bearing come out as the help indicates NOT to use wheel/spokes.
    The 1st front get pushed out by hitting axle.

Cheers

Premier Icon ponngoe
    Subscriber

Yeah my apologies got none left. Did hve a huge bagfull but used/giveaway/cashed em!

I’ve got about 6 brand new ones at home. A mate at Honda got me them but I never used them as the originals never died.
    As for tools, I made a spesh tool which I’m hanging onto but a socket set and some studding will work as a press.

Will email you soon.

Hi mate.
    I have full front and rear hope Xc bearing drifts
    New.
    If you need to no more give me a bell in my profile thanks.

If anyone else needs 6001 bearings then let me know. I’ve got 4 brand new ones left going cheap.

@yahoo.co.uk">helpmybike@yahoo.co.uk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Hope XC hub bearings and tools’ is closed to new replies.