WTD: Fox Float RL Shock for Old Style Enduro

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD: Fox Float RL Shock for Old Style Enduro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • WTD: Fox Float RL Shock for Old Style Enduro
  • bigyinn

I recently upgraded my Enduro Pro from a 193mmx50mm float RL to a 200mmx50mm RP3. All I did was swap the flip-flop link over to the lower BB setting (had it on the high setting with the old shock) to compensate for the extra eye to eye length.
    I do have the original Float RL, but Im not planning on selling (sorry).
    Have a look for an 200mmx50mm RP based shock with a medium tune (mine is a light tune, but I reckon it needs a medium Pro Pedal)
    The factory fitted shock is a non std size, but the 200×50 is fine. You could even try a 200×57 if you wanted more travel, as others have done on here without issue.

biking_jk

Hi,

I have a 2004 Enduro Pro – the last of the monocoque design type frame with the itch switch on the shock.

Does anybody have one of these shocks available (a long shot I know!)

The shock eye to eye is 193 mm I think, but after speaking to mojo they said 196 mm.

Anyway, if I can’t find the correct shock I was wondering if anyone has a shock that would fit. The stroke length is 44 mm.

Cheers,

Jim

Premier Icon stavromuller
    Subscriber

Hi Jim, on the back of bigyinn’s comments, thought you might be interested in this Fox Float RL I’ve got. It’s 200mm eye to eye with a 50mm stroke it works perfectly and is in good condition. All yours for £50 posted.

biking_jk

Bigyinn,

Thank you for your comments, I run mine at the slacker setting normally and I really like the geometry. I suppose with the longer shock in this setting the head angle would be slightly steeper (which would be no bad thing as it is renouned for being very slack).

Stavromuller,

It is a tricky one, because I do like the itch switch. I will post the shock to Mojo today and if the shock is salvagable for reasonable money I will take that option, unless anyone has a shock with the itch switch. (at the moment the shock is a disaster!) I

If repair is looking expensive then I would love to take you up on your offer if you are not in hurry to get rid of course.

Cheers,

Jim

bigyinn

I must admit that I do miss the itch switch, but decent propedal seems to offset this a bit. Like I said, I think a medium tune suits the frame better.
    BTW whats wrong with your current shock? Short of scoring / wear on the shock shaft, it should be salavgeable. hopefully it just needs a new set of seals and the damper cartridge refilling and nitrogen charging.
    The eye to eye / stroke is 7.625 x 2″ which equates to 193 x 50mm.

biking_jk

I’ll see what Mojo say and will get back to you, they should have it now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Fox Float RL Shock for Old Style Enduro’ is closed to new replies.